Founded in Sydney in 1958 by Dutch immigrant and innovator Dick Dusseldorp, Lendlease was born out of a vision to create a company that could successfully combine the disciplines of financing, development and investment.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, Lendlease has approximately 12,000 employees internationally. Our regional head offices are located in New York, Singapore and London. Combining our core capabilities of development, construction and investment across the property and infrastructure value chain has allowed us to offer innovative integrated solutions for our clients.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze detailed financial pro formas for land acquisition opportunities.
- Perform due diligence analysis on prospective real estate transactions. Prepare investment memorandum, marketing packages and RFP responses, among other things.
- Assist the Acquisitions Manager by providing updates of all potential acquisitions including the status of contract negotiations and any impediments to contract execution.
- Assist the Acquisitions Manager by undertaking due diligence required for land acquisition including gathering market comps, zoning information, market/submarket research and demographic and economic data for new development.
- Submit written findings and recommendations on prospective acquisitions.
- Help write letters of intent outlining principal business terms of the transaction
- Assist in the preparation of investment memos for regional and global investment committees.
- Assist in underwriting land purchases for acquisition.
- Under the direction of the Acquisitions Manager, will engage consultants and maintain a due diligence checklist and timeline consistent with contract deadlines.
- Prepare closing checklist and review with all in-house departmental members, especially legal and accounting.
- Coordinate project closing with all project consultants, lender, seller, title company, and internal constituents.
General Background and Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Real Estate or Urban Planning. MS in Real Estate or MBA preferred.
- 3-5 Years in a real estate related role.preferably with NYC acquistions experience.
- Excellent quantitative, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, strong financial modeling skills.
Lendlease is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years