Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® company, is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative life science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit .
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, underwrite and recommend potential investments
- Perform all acquisition underwriting responsibilities including financial analysis, market research, lease abstract and review, and due diligence
- Monitor market and submarket fundamentals including supply and demand fundamentals, lease comps, and sales comps
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic and detailed real estate market data
- Help build internal consensus on valuation
- Articulate findings (both pros and cons) and recommendation of transactions in a professional, thorough manner
- Conduct property site inspections and market tours (travel required)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar field preferred
- 5+ years of experience analyzing office acquisitions and development/redevelopment including due diligence and financial analyses
- Extensive experience building acquisition and development proformas in ARGUS and Excel with a focus on ROC, ROI, IRR metrics
- Independent, analytical thinker with great communication and research skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Knowledge of office assets and experience drafting investment committee memorandums
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced Excel, ARGUS, and Microsoft Office experience are mandatory
- Financial Analysis
- Research/Market Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.