Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Rexford Industrial Realty, Inc. (NYSE: REXR) is a leading, publicly traded industrial real estate investment and management company that owns and operates over 18 million square feet of industrial properties throughout Southern California.
We currently have an opening for a Sr. Financial Reporting Accountant at our corporate office in the Brentwood/Santa Monica area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports to be filed with the SEC (10Ks, 10Qs), including financial statements, accompanying footnotes, MD&A and other supplemental information.
- Maintain a tie-out binder to support all data included in filings.
- Assist with gathering and analyzing financial and statistical information from various departments.
- Coordinate and prepare XBRL tagging of SEC filings.
- Complete quarterly GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Prepare data and provide support as requested for audits and reviews.
- Participate in the earnings release process, including assisting with preparation of quarterly Audit Committee and Board of Directors reporting packages, preparation and review of financial information included in the earnings release and script.
- Assist in various account fluctuation analyses.
- Assist with technical accounting research and documentation as necessary.
- Coordinate directly with the company’s SEC filing services provider (Workiva) as necessary
- Assist with updating of relevant SOX process narratives and ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations related to debt, derivatives and equity.
- Other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience working with a public REIT strongly preferred
- Overall understanding and application of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong understanding of financial statements and footnote disclosures required
- Strong Communication and organizational skills
- CPA or CPA in progress preferred
- Experience with Workiva’s Wdesk a plus
- Able to work additional hours as required to meet deadlines during quarterly reporting periods.
Rexford Industrial’s compensation and benefits plan includes; highly competitive base salaries, bonus eligibility for many positions, comprehensivemedical, dental, vision and life insurance; 401k with match, vacation, additional PTO and paid holidays, as well as regular company events, food, snacks, coffee, ping pong table, massage chairs, TVs and beautiful offices with 360 degree views of the ocean, mountains and city!
ADA Requirements: The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to feel, handle, or type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move or carry up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Additionally, employee may be required to drive to a property, walk on uneven ground, walk through a construction site, be exposed to dust or fumes and work around machinery or equipment.
- Accounting / Control
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job