Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500® company, is an urban office REIT uniquely focused on world-class collaborative life science and technology campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle Park. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science and technology campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For additional information on Alexandria, please visit .
The Senior Asset Services Coordinator provides general office support to the Asset Services Team and participates with the team in all areas of portfolio management.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Seattle Asset Services Team with special projects (ie. small building improvements projects which include but not limited to signage updates, furniture installation and upgrade common area amenities)
- Assist in the preparation of company related materials
- Direct janitorial, security and engineering staff as needed
- Answering primary office telephone at all times during business hours
- Prepare and organize the annual budget binders for the Asset Services Team
- Initiate tenant notification letters and e-mails as needed, including pre-default email and default letters
- Maintain tenant statement/rent/billback files
- Complete tenant lease summary
- Assist Asset Services Team with Lease Administration and special projects
- Assist in planning all tenant events, parties, gifts
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Track tenant receivables, submit AR Report to Asset Manager for their review and sign-off
- Maintain budget tracking and monthly TRE spreadsheet
- Assist with Asset Services expense reports
- Assist in all aspects of property maintenance
- Act as emergency administrator for the office, including, but not limited to, maintenance of the defibrillator agreements, emergency backpacks, monthly emergency checklists and maintaining resource forms
- Participate in bid process when searching for new vendors
- Prepare all service contracts
- Track contracts with pending signatures
- Maintain spreadsheets to track all current contracts in region
- Maintain current and complete certificates of insurance for all tenants and all vendors.
- Review all limits, coverage types, expirations and additional insured for compliance.
Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Type, file and maintain purchase orders
- Match purchase orders to invoices, code and obtain Manager’s approval
- Research invoices in JDE/Insight/NEXUS when necessary
- Code / process invoices in Nexus online system. Notify contractors/vendors of appropriate remittance address.
- Audit open purchase orders on a monthly basis
- Prepare utility cost/consumption reports when necessary
- Invoicing and tenant billing, including scanning and coding invoices into Nexus Payables system.
- Review and edit tenant bill backs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- 3 – 4 years of experience in property management and/or real estate
- Strong accounting background and familiarity with lease provisions and lease administration
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with JDE, Yardi (or other property management account software).
- Exceptional communication and people skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Valid driver's license
- Accounting / Control
- Asset Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.