DivcoWest, founded in 1993, is a privately owned real estate investment firm with investment offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, CA, Boston, MA and Washington DC. The company has acquired more than 30 million square feet of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
DivcoWest is expanding its portfolio and is seeking Property Managers to join our Washington DC team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor tenant receivables including preview of rent statements, responding to tenant inquires, rent collection, miscellaneous billings and delinquency reporting
- Process invoices daily, including vendor coding, approval verification and budgetary review
- Maintain accurate financial records using MRI accounting software
- Monitor tenant receivables report and deliver standard correspondence to address delinquencies
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and procurement of bid proposals
- Produce vendor repair agreements, maintain vendor files, supervise vendors as requested and monitor vendor insurance
- Prepare lease abstracts for new tenant files, review monthly rent roll for accuracy and provide for supervisor review
- Dispatch service calls and enter into the work order system, follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion
- Conduct regular property inspections as requested
- Set up new tenant lease files, maintain existing tenant files, track tenant insurance certificates (coverage amounts and compliance dates) and update tenant lists monthly.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins including disbursement of keys and access cards, establishment of new mail service, walk-through and all other tasks as required
- Coordinate tenant move-out procedures
- Professionally interface with all levels of management, vendors and tenants
- Efficiently perform a variety of clerical functions including incoming calls, general office duties, and reception
- Maintain storage room, mailroom, conference room and kitchen in a stocked and organized manner
- Assist property manager as needed with accruals, monthly reporting, operating budgets and reconciliations
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree. Progress on CPM and/or RPA designation preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Property Management
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent leadership and customer service skills with the ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the position and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of the specific tasks and functions that may be required. DivcoWest reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments and work hours. All employees are expected to perform their duties to the best of their ability as directed or requested by the company.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.