Equity Resource Investments (ERI) is a Cambridge, MA-based real estate private equity firm focused on identifying diverse real estate investments that accord with its value philosophy. The firm is opportunistic, and has the resources and flexibility to pursue multiple investment strategies (e.g., debt, preferred equity, equity, with full or partial ownership) in many property types (e.g., office, retail, industrial, multifamily, self-storage, manufactured housing, hospitality and senior housing). Founded in 1981, the firm has delivered strong returns to its investors throughout its history by developing and applying analytical insights to exploit structural, cyclical, and situational dislocations that create opportunity for pricing advantage. Most of the investments made by the firm – including many joint ventures – come from leveraging relationships created over many years.
ERI seeks an experienced Asset Management Analyst to support its Asset Management group. Though principally responsible for asset management, the individual in this position will interact closely with the acquisitions, business development, portfolio management, investor relations and accounting professionals of the firm, providing broad exposure to complex, sophisticated real estate investments. This position presents an exceptional opportunity for professional growth in many areas of real estate investment and ownership.
This individual will be responsible for investment performance modeling, investor reporting, investment valuations, financial statement analysis, lease analysis and special projects. The position may also require assisting with financial analyses and preparation of investment committee memoranda in connection with the screening of new real estate investment opportunities.
- Assist senior asset management personnel in all aspects of investment and portfolio management
- Prepare semi-annual investor portfolio reports, working directly with operating partners to secure comprehensive and timely investment updates and financial reporting.
- Analyze and monitor the financial performance of investments, which entails maintaining financial models and information databases, reviewing annual budgets and raising awareness of performance concerns and liquidity opportunities to senior management.
- Develop strategies for resolution of investment performance and joint venture partner related issues
- Identify, analyze and implement opportunities for value enhancement, liquidity, and new investments within the portfolio including dispositions, refinancings and lease transactions.
- Develop and maintain cash flow and distribution projections, which includes reviewing investment operating documents and waterfall calculations.
- Maintain property valuation analyses using fair value reporting standards for use in quarterly reporting and year-end audited financial statements.
- Assist senior acquisitions personnel in screening new investment opportunities.
- Participate in acquisition due diligence, including detailed analyses of property data, market fundamentals and proposed partnership structures.
- Audit investment partner-provided financial models and create appropriate internal investment models.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of investment proposals for the firm's Investment Committee.
- Research and evaluate real estate market, economic and demographic data.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and assist with special projects as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of two years experience in a real estate related field or financial services. Recent graduates with strong internship experience will also be considered.
- Previous real estate asset management or underwriting experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and MS Word required; experience with Argus is a plus.
- Ability to create complex real estate and partnership financial models, including discounted cash flows, preferred returns, waterfalls, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary for presenting analyses, conclusions and recommendations to senior management, investors and outside partners.
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize deadlines and effectively manage workload.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and a quick study with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates must posses a strong work ethic, impeccable integrity and intellectual honesty.
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Asset Management Analyst.”
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
Apply for this job