Swift Real Estate Partners is pleased to announce that we have an exciting opportunity for a Construction Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager for a dynamic office project in Los Angeles. This is a unique opportunity to make your mark in Swift’s Southern California market.
- Are you a Construction Project Manager/Sr. Project Manager with a minimum of 5 plus years’ experience in construction management of complex projects, tenant improvement, repositioning, and other capital projects with vast knowledge of construction management process and procedures?
- Do your colleagues consider you the “guru” when it comes to your strong construction management background coupled with your amazing disciplined, results-oriented and financial thinking skills because you have a knack for managing multiple project with multiple personalities?
- When you GOOGLE Construction Project Manager Generalist – does your picture pop up because you are a generalist with good technical working knowledge of construction and building operations?
- Do your team mates consider you the ultimate team player because of your professional, “yes can do” attitude; where no job is too big or small?
- Would you like to work for a thriving company that offers a collaborative team environment, values its employees and has growth opportunity?
If you answered “YES!” to the above and would like to dive into an amazing position with an awesome company then we are looking for you!
PURPOSE: As a member of Swift’s Southern California Construction & Development team, you will hit the ground running in overseeing a $10 - $40MM capital improvement project in Los Angeles; in addition to other capital projects within the So Cal region. Using your talents and expertise to complete the project on-schedule and within budget and in overseeing architects, consultants, vendors, General Contractors and field construction project managers, here are the details of what is in store for you with this dynamic position:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, schedule and coordinate development and contractors/sub-contractors through the project life cycle (schematic studies, due diligence, design development, construction documents, bidding documents, etc.).
- Lead the project procurement and project teaming formation; qualifying, bidding, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
- Provide timely construction cost estimates for a wide range of projects for preparation of the projects development budgets and proforma studies.
- Establish reporting and managing development schedule.
- Project manage the pre-construction, construction and close-out phase of the project.
- Assist in the management of site plan alternatives, preliminary design studies, tenant construction criteria review, architect and engineer coordination.
- Manage job costs and assist in updates to the project cost control system within and on budget. Assist in value-engineering and redesign of project in order to meet budgetary goals.
- Manage contracting process and contract administration with consultants and General Contractors.
- Development and motivation of assigned staff.
- Leadership in both long term and short-term planning for the department and Swift’s goals.
- Ongoing collaboration and interaction with Asset Managers and the Department.
- Assist property teams with construction oversight for Tenant managed projects.
- Attend leasing and department meetings.
- Complete all required training throughout the year.
- Prepare budgets and variance reports for all management projects.
- Review all invoices and ensure required back-up is attached (i.e. lien releases, work letters, progress payment history), prior to approval.
- Invoice tenants for overages.
- Review tenant reimbursement packages including, tenant request, contractors G702, receipted bills, lien waivers, and other documentation as required by the lease.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and proficiency in working knowledge of Yardi software and other project management software such as SmartSheet, Honest Buildings, Timberline desired.
- Exceptional customer service with a reputation for going above-and-beyond
- Outstanding project management in coordinating projects through planning, organizing, and overseeing a variety of tasks
- Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Manage projects with minimal supervision
- Proactive and self-motivated to work independently while achieving both individual and team goals
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an energetic and positive disposition
- Well-developed verbal and written skills are crucial to success in this position with the ability to give clear direction and respond to inquiries
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Detailed-oriented with a strong commitment to preparing accurate work
- Bachelor degree preferred in construction, engineering or business-related degree with a minimum of 5 years’ construction management experience. Experience with office construction administration and institutional clients a plus!
- Strong planning & organization skills
- Excellent leadership skills with ability to influence others for a successful outcome
- Outstanding Technical/Professional Knowledge
About Swift Real Estate Partners:
Swift is a vertically-integrated real estate operating company founded in 2010 by Christopher Peatross with a focus on West Coast value-add office and industrial properties. Swift has a proven track record of superior risk-adjusted returns to its partners. Swift owns and operates 5 million SF of office/industrial assets throughout California and the Pacific Northwest.
About Our Benefits:
In exchange for your talents and dedication, Swift Real Estate Partners offers a comprehensive healthcare and flexible spending benefits plan that includes full coverage of the employee’s healthcare premiums, and coverage at 50% for dependents premiums. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and bonus opportunity, an excellent 401(k) plan with an annual % contribution to all employees 401(k) account; 12-holidays per year; and a Community Service Day.
If you fit the profile above and would like to work for a thriving company, we look forward to receiving your resume in a Word document along with your salary expectations. EOE. M/F/D/V. No phone calls from recruiters please.
- Project Management
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.