Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for a Property Accountant will be responsible for preparation of monthly financial reports and analysis at the property level.
Specifically the Property Accountant will be responsible for:
- Complete month-end close procedures and accurately reconcile balance sheet and applicable income statement accounts to meet company’s reporting deadline.
- Maintain fixed assets for properties. Calculate book and tax depreciation and amortization.
- Prepare monthly accruals for CAM/Tax/Insurance.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Record new property acquisition and disposition transactions at the property level.
- Review new leases/lease amendments and calculate straight-line rent in the accounting system.
- Prepare budget vs. actual, actual vs. actual financial variance schedules and work with Property Managers to provide accurate fluctuation analysis.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support Property Management and Finance teams in quarterly/annual property budgeting and forecasting process.
- Review property invoice coding for accuracy.
External/Internal and IT Audit Process
- Assist in audits and analysis of property-level financials, as wells as walk through of internal controls.
- Document accounting procedures and processes
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university, with an emphasis in accounting, finance or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Real estate industry and public accounting experience are highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Clear understanding of GAAP and lease accounting.
- Must be organized, detailed, flexible, efficient and take ownership of own work product.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Accounting / Control
2+ to 5 years