Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced Assistant Property Manager who will be responsible for property management operations on a national portfolio of retail properties in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. The individual should desire to possess knowledge, skills, and experience in commercial property management.
Specifically, the Assistant Property Manager will have responsibility for:
- Coordinate and participate in all aspects of property management, including the development of effective relationships with tenants, supervision of vendors, general property maintenance, implementation of capital improvements and financial reporting.
- Develop an in depth understanding of lease language and ability to comprehend and administer Landlord obligations under the lease and/or REAs.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in managing repairs, maintenance, and site inspections.
- Initiate the deferred maintenance process, order reports, evaluate property condition, prepare DM package and recommendations, exercising discretion and independent judgment.
- Coordinate all capital improvements, including management participation in punch list walk-through and follow-up.
- Master the use of Yardi and other systems that may become available. Ability to navigate/update the system for lease, work order and contract tracking.
- Utilizing specialized and technical training, develop a working knowledge of building systems, including roof systems, parking lots and mechanical.
- Processing of Accounts Payable.
- Initiates vendor work orders.
- Customarily and regularly directs the work of 3rd party contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate tenant move-ins, including the preparation of appropriate documentation.
- Coordinate operating expense reconciliations with accounting and PM Finance.
- Provide property due diligence as needed by the acquisitions team, with ability to travel on short notice.
- Has the authority to hire and fire 3rd party contractors.
- Prepare/manage monthly/quarterly reports, annual budgets, strategic plans and reconciliation of expenses.
- Maintain and update vendor lists and certificates of insurance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university or four years related experience.
- Real estate or property management emphasis preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Yardi.
- Showing the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Manage difficult or emotional tenant situations, respond promptly to tenant needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, strive to increase productivity, and work quickly.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.