HEAD OF COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE ORIGINATION
Plum is seeking an energetic and experienced leader to run our Commercial Real Estate business, building from an established team of originators, analysts and underwriters. We are an early stage, high growth company; the Head of Commercial Mortgage Origination will help build Plum into a new national financial services brand.
· Direct and manage Plum’s commercial real estate (CRE) mortgage origination activities nationwide, consistent with the goals and strategies of Plum.
· Oversee marketing and outreach efforts to:
-prospective borrowers, including direct prospect development, multi-channel management
-funding sources and loan buyers by working with internal teams and external network
· Work with senior team members to develop and execute commercial mortgage strategy.
· Provide leadership, development and mentoring to all members of the team.
· Ensure that the team collaborates effectively internally and contributes fully to the execution of Plum’s strategy.
· Work with Plum’s data science and engineering teams on new technologies relating to loan origination and improvement of the overall borrower experience.
Seasoned real estate leader with extensive CRE mortgage origination experience.
Demonstrated success in building a thriving CRE business.
Track record of building, mentoring, training, developing and motivating a diverse staff.
Strong contacts across the industry and superior relationship management skills.
· Comprehensive on-site training at our headquarters in San Francisco.
· Early equity in a financial technology startup.
· Competitive package of base pay, commission and stock options.
· Generous health, dental and vision coverage for employees and family members, along with commuter pre-tax program.
· Unlimited vacation.
· Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the building of a company and culture.
· Autonomy, flexibility and a flat corporate structure that gives you the opportunity for your direct input to be realized and put into action.
Plum is a next generation financial technology company focused on serving the $3.7 trillion U.S. commercial real estate market. We deliver to our clients more loan options, outstanding service, and a commitment to growing their long-term wealth.
The team includes former senior leaders and talent from AIG, Goldman Sachs, KKR, McKinsey, PWC, Sony, and Wells Fargo. We have extensive experience with CRE sourcing, underwriting and funding processes, as well as deep networks of institutional financing channels. Our founder and CEO, Bill Fisher, has decades of experience building successful startup businesses including GetSmart, Xing and Trivago.
Our Series A funding was led by Renren Inc., who has built an exceptional record of backing fintech companies including SoFi, LendingHome and Motif Investing. This followed an earlier seed investment by QED Investors, a pre-eminent VC firm led by the founders of Capital One, whose portfolio includes Prosper, Orchard and ApplePie Capital.
We are located in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District in an airy, industrial loft, close to all forms of public transportation.
- Business Development
- General Management and C-Suite
10+ to 15 years