We are seeking an Analyst to join our growing company. The candidate will be responsible for providing financial and strategic analysis related to the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and management of industrial and commercial properties. The candidate will be a key member of the team and will work closely with the President, CEO and other senior executives. The Analyst will have broad exposure across the company working on all aspects of its real estate investment and management functions, including: financial modeling and due diligence associated with property acquisitions and dispositions, asset-level underwriting, portfolio reporting for executive management, monitoring and analysis of investment performance, and special projects as needed.
- Source, research and evaluate prospective value-add and opportunistic acquisition opportunities nationwide. This includes primarily industrial, office and large campus properties.
- Work closely with the acquisition, due diligence, finance, property management and portfolio management teams throughout the acquisition/disposition process.
- Develop and grow relationships with networks of brokers, lenders and servicers to identify acquisition opportunities.
- Prepare financial models using Excel and ARGUS for both prospective investment properties and owned assets.
- Prepare investment memorandums to support final recommendations to acquire properties.
- Prepare financial models and investment memorandums for lenders as it relates to potential acquisitions or refinancing of owned assets.
- Participate in analyzing various debt and equity financial capital stack alternatives.
- Participate in the drafting, negotiation and review of documents such as purchase contracts and leases.
- Perform due diligence for acquisitions by interfacing with internal stakeholders and outside consultants (property managers, asset management, appraisers, attorneys, title, survey, etc.).
- Provide financial analysis for asset management, portfolio/asset-level investment performance reporting, development/redevelopment projects, leasing and capital projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business Administration or related major with quantitative focus required. MBA or Master of Real Estate preferred.
- Experience in real estate, finance, accounting, financial modeling and/or general investment required. Experience in industrial or commercial real estate valuation and analysis preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and acquisition modeling techniques using Excel. Experience with ARGUS preferred.
- Comprehension of the overall corporate strategy of real estate investment company.
- Understanding of real estate fundamentals, capital markets and trends.
- Exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to communicate results and recommendations succinctly.
- Ability to be proactive and demonstrate initiative in projects and tasks.
- Success in multi-tasking while maintaining a strong attention to detail to achieve the highest quality results.
- Able to prioritize and problem-solve efficiently during busy times.
- Ability to establish relationships to advance professional networks within the company and in the broader real estate industry.
- Financial Analysis
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job