The Development Analyst has the primary responsibility to work with other Development team members and the Managing Director in the pursuit of new development business, market research, site acquisition, due diligence, managing the design process, financing, and zoning.
- Assist in the pursuit of new development business, conducts various market analysis and financial feasibility research, and conducts preliminary due diligence.
- Creates a pro forma for new development including market information, operating expense data, and estimating hard and soft costs.
- Contributes information for the product and design for developing property, ensuring that building design codes are compliant with local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures strict compliance with plans and communicates to the Managing Director any critical issues.
- Manages third party inspections, bond releases, construction draw process, development of monthly project reports, and review of construction process.
- Facilitates duties with architects, engineers, designers, property owners, project managers, and other associates.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Real Estate.
- Multi-Family real estate experience a plus.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, scanner and copier.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Displays self-starting, self-motivated traits and excels in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Consistently delivers accurate and timely work product and accepts personal accountability for results.
- Resolves issues while professionally managing business relationships.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions based on information gathered and analyzed.
- Able to assess all pertinent facts and alternatives and exercise independent judgement before deciding on the most appropriate action.
- Understands project scope, purpose and audience; anticipates varying perspectives and inquiries; stays one-step ahead of incoming requests based on business instincts. Be a supporting contributor to team goals
Less than 1 year