Astral Weeks Development is seeking an experienced and ambitious property management professional to join the team at our Manhattan office. The candidate’s main responsibility is to manage, maintain and lease a portfolio of several multi-family residential rental buildings. The candidate should be an outgoing self-starter and possess a strong knowledge of the NYC rental market. This individual will work closely with and report directly to the principals of the firm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, guidance and oversight of multiple properties with a total of over 120 units located primarily in Brooklyn & Queens
- Increase profitability and operating performance at each of the real estate assets in the portfolio
- Ensure assets are in compliance with applicable local city laws and codes. Implement corrective measures and track violation compliance progress including, but not limited to DOB, ECB, FDNY, and HPD violations.
- Conducting annual unit inspections to ensure compliance with program requirements
- Implement and coordinate Tenant Relations & Retention Program
- Review and understand lease terms, and Landlord/Tenant obligations; prepare written correspondences to tenants
- Coordinate Tenant move-ins & move-outs: keys, utilities, track possession dates, etc.
- Assist with monthly reporting & projections of annual operating and capital budgets
- Obtain/process and file property information. Maintain orderly and efficient contract and paperwork system
- Coordinate Accounting Department information flow; facilitate the monthly review and analyses of the project budget and variances
- Conducting arrears collections
- Prepare Property Management Lease Abstract
- Coordinate vacant unit turns, including oversight of construction, when necessary
- Coordinate unit showings with and without outside brokers
- Coordinate with property maintenance crew and porters
- Supervise day-to-day maintenance operations (safety, preventive maintenance)
- Supervise and coordinate third-party vendors involved in servicing portfolio properties
- Inspect properties on a regularly scheduled basis. Prepare and distribute site inspection reports, and respond to any tenant or maintenance issues discovered during property inspections.
- Create, recommend, and implement preventive maintenance program for all properties
- Develop and oversee all phases of capital improvement projects
- Negotiate contracts for services. Evaluate existing contracts and make recommendations.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- 4 year college degree
- 4+ years’ experience in the residential real estate industry
- Manages multiple priorities while demonstrating the initiative to produce results and resolve problems
- Understanding of the NYC residential market (Rent Stabilization, DHCR, HPD)
- Strong organization/prioritization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage difficult situations
- Solid analytical ability
- High level of energy, attention to detail, and professionalism
- Experience with AppFolio a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Medical and dental plan options are available.
About Astral Weeks Development:
Astral Weeks is a growing real estate development, investment and management firm located in Manhattan and Great Neck, New York, with properties in Brooklyn, Queens and Detroit, MI. Since 2001, AW has developed ground-up market rate and affordable apartments, commercial and retail projects with a special focus on emerging and creative neighborhoods.
- Property Management
This job is no longer active.