Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The multifamily Asset Management Associate will actively work with the San Francisco based multifamily asset management team, reporting directly to the national head of multifamily asset management, in the oversight and management of various multifamily real estate investments with the overall goal of optimizing asset values. While being primarily responsible for providing support and analysis for the western region portfolio, the Associate will be directly responsible for the daily operations and client deliverables for select assets, as directed. The Associate will also play a role in developing and executing on both portfolio and property specific strategies, evaluating operational performance against relevant industry benchmarks, analyzing capital investment decisions and how they impact value, and facilitating preparation of required reporting deliverables.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Work with Senior Director, national head of multifamily asset management, to implement broad ranging multifamily platform initiatives
- Develop property/portfolio level operational strategies and analyze performance, capital projects and other relevant investment factors impacting asset values
- Coordinate the development of Annual Business Plans and Quarterly Reports by assisting in the preparation of property operating and capital budgets and reviewing and approving on-going reporting requirements
- Assist in the review of valuation models and take part in the acquisition and disposition process, supporting due diligence efforts for select investments as directed
- Communicate with third party property management and leasing personnel as well as appraisers, brokers, insurance and real estate tax consultants and other third party providers as needed
- Review commercial lease submittal packages for mixed-use projects, evaluate prospective tenant businesses and credit worthiness, and perform other lease related financial analysis as needed
- Prepare financial analysis to track historic portfolio and property level results in comparison to industry benchmarks
- Collect, analyze and synthesize relevant market reports and other lease or transaction related data
- Help facilitate lender compliance with asset specific requirements such as obtaining approvals for lease agreements or significant capital expenditure projects and coordinating the release of escrow accounts
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 2 – 3 years of experience in the multi-family and/or commercial real estate industry (or business related activity) is required
- Property level experience is a plus
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills
- Strong computer literacy including fluency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Argus proficiency is a plus
- Ability to understand and interpret commercial lease agreements and language as well as present value concepts and financial terminology
- Analytical problem solving skills with capability to undertake detailed analyses and make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations
- Demonstrated prioritization, organization and time management skills necessary to balance competing deadlines
- Desire to multi-task in a complex, high-volume environment and competency to work with all levels of management and personnel on critical projects
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Four year or equivalent undergraduate degree in Business or related field
- Post graduate education a plus
- A commitment to continued education in real estate will be encouraged
- Some travel will be required for periodic asset management related property visits and select acquisition due diligence
- This job requires periodic overtime
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
- Asset Management
This job is no longer active.