Founded in 1966, Heitman LLC is a global real estate investment management firm with approximately $39 billion in assets under management. Heitman’s real estate investment strategies include direct investments in the equity or debt capitalization of a property or in the securities of listed and publicly traded real estate companies. Heitman serves a global client base with clients from North American, European, Middle Eastern and Asia-Pacific institutions, pension plans, foundations and corporations and individual investors. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Los Angeles, London, Luxembourg, Frankfurt, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne, Heitman’s more than 350 employees offer specialized expertise – from a specific discipline to local insight.
Working closely with the members of the North American acquisitions team, a successful candidate will originate equity real estate transactions throughout the United States. Specifically, a well-documented track record of negotiating and structuring joint ventures and 100% purchases will be essential. This person will assess risks and opportunities, maximize return on investments, and optimize cash flow. He/she may also engage in a range of client facing responsibilities, including the marketing of funds to potential investors (jointly with the sales teams), and regular communication to clients.
The responsibilities of a Senior Vice President of Acquisitions include, but are not limited to:
• Educated to degree level (preferably Finance or Economics); a professional real estate qualification would be an advantage.
• Minimum 10 years real estate principal investment or advisory experience.
• Track record of successfully structuring joint ventures and 100% purchases.
• Strong contacts/relationships and standing in the investment community.
• Experience investing in Multi-family, Office, Retail, Industrial and/or Senior Housing property types with a sophisticated, diverse investment background.
• As well as single asset and portfolio investment experience, he/she will be familiar with operating company investments, joint venture, mezz financing and entity level investing, and financial engineering and a strong appreciation of financial modelling.
• Development and refurbishment experience would be an advantage.
• Excellent negotiation and business development skills.
• Strong deal management skills and exposure to large and complex deal processes across geographies and sector types.
• Entrepreneurial and open mindset.
• Strong financial acumen, with an understanding of senior financing, mezzanine, listed property investing.
• Good communication skills (oral and written).
• Team playing attitude, sound investment judgment, and highly motivated.
• High level of flexibility and professional and personal maturity.
• Moderate to extensive travel required.
Interested professionals should apply via our website at . Please make sure to select “careers” under the About tab to submit your cover letter and resume. If you are a Heitman employee, please make sure to apply using your Heitman email address.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Heitman is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical, medical or mental disability or condition (including, without limitation, HIV and AIDS), developmental disability, handicap, denial of family and medical care leave, denial of pregnancy leave, domestic partner status, status as a victim of sexual or domestic violence (or familial relationship to such victim), veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest records, citizenship status, criminal history that has been expunged, unfavorable discharge from the military, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Business Development
10+ to 15 years