SteelHead Management is a private, locally based Property Management group specializing in class-A assets in urban environments. Our team is dedicated to providing an environment that embraces innovation, open communication, collaboration, shared values, and team work.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to serve as a Property Manager for a rapidly growing and dynamic property management organization. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of an exciting team! This position will report to the Regional Property Manager.
Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets and income projections.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Ensure that leasing techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Gather information about market competition in the area.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Address resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years multifamily experience, including management.
- Strong team building and performance management skills
- Strategic manager - understands the "big picture"
- Experience with OneSite preferred.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, management, and people skills.
We are seeking highly motivated, career oriented, individuals who function well in a team environment. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and accountable for achieving results. Working hard is an integral part of every successful SteelHead employee.
Candidates will be required to pass a criminal background investigation, credit check, and drug screening.
- Property Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job