Buzz Oates is one of the largest commercial real estate investment management companies in California with over 23 million square feet under management. Over the last 60 years, the company has constructed over 60 million square feet of industrial warehouse and distribution facilities, business parks, office buildings and retail centers. Buzz Oates leases approximately 3 million square feet and executes on $100 million in purchases and sales annually. Viewed as a dominant market leader, Buzz Oates is a vertically integrated full-service commercial real estate development and management company focused on value creation through development, land entitlement, asset management and construction. The company is privately controlled and extremely well capitalized. Our investment philosophy centers on providing a single point of contact for a full suite of commercial real estate services. The company is positioned for growth, with targeted new developments and acquisitions throughout the Western half of the United States.
The company is seeking an Asset Manager that will be the key interface on properties and value creation for the existing office portfolio of 1.9 million square feet as well as new acquisitions.
- Primary responsibilities include the establishment and execution on investment strategy and business plans for the existing office portfolio.
- Apply proactive management during the entire leasing/releasing process.
- Demonstrate how decisions have an impact on value
- Oversee operations, including budgets, lease/sale objectives, material contracts, capital expenditures, and other operating items.
- Drive specific income, expense and leasing velocity targets for each asset in their portfolio.
- Manage tenant improvement projects and work with the general contractor, architect and engineer to establish construction budgets, timeline and finishes.
- Assist with selecting and managing brokers to lease and sell the property.
- Knowledge of each market where assigned for each property, including current and future trends in demographics, job growth, economic drivers, product supply, as well as any other market forces.
- Must be able to value real estate using all industry methods available
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling – experience with Yardi is preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- BA or BS degree required. Advance degree a plus.
- 2+ years as an Asset Manager or 5 years relevant real estate experience.
- High energy individual with ability to work without direct supervision.
- Problem solve and multi-task efficiently.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers, vendors, contractors, and tenants.
- Motivate other to complete projects on time and coordinate all efforts effectively.
- Attendance is a requirement.
- Active California real estate salesperson license required.
- Buzz Oates offers a great work culture with an open space work environment in a Class A office building in Downtown Sacramento, close to the area’s top destination entertainment centers. We offer a full benefit package: health, dental, vision, EAP, LTD, parking, as well as a matching 401(k) program and education reimbursement. Email resume and cover letter.
- Asset Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job