Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. is a NYSE-listed national real estate company engaged in commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. Forest City Associates are committed to creating superior communities where people LIVE, WORK, SHOP and STAY!
We are searching for a talented Regional Director, Apartments to be based out of our San Francisco, California reginal office.
The Regional Director of Apartments is a newly created position which acts as a bridge between Forest City's development and operations teams. In this role, the Regional Director of a Apartments will provide value-added perspective leading to development, positioning and marketing decisions ensuring best in class asset delivery. Primary responsibility will be to support development projects driven by our San Francisco regional office including (but not limited to), 3 projects encompassing 700+ units with project value exceeding $400MM with future pipeline projections of another 800+ units. Future opportunity will allow for eventual support of the national development pipline encompassing an additional 12+ projects with 3500+ units valued in excess of 1.5B. The successful candidate will have significant experience with large, high-profile property lease-ups.
The Regional Director of Apartments is responsible to execute on the strategy of their portfolio, the residential segment and the broader strategy of FCRT and has control and full P&L responsibilities over thousands of apartment units in multiple markets and the corresponding multi-million dollars of income, expenses, capital expenditures and NOI. Position is responsible for maintaining the physical assets, resident satisfaction and the development/growth of associates.
- Performs all aspects of financial management including budgeting, financial modeling and analysis both quantitative and qualitative and is fully responsible to meet financial goals of the portfolio and organization.
- Demonstrates and provides leadership and management to property associates, creates a collaborative environment and develops associates for growth opportunities and ensures that smart goals and objectives are created for each associate.
- Prepares variance reports and performs property audits. Manages expenses and income to maximize NOI, improve operating margins and enhance property value.
- Studies along with the site and marketing teams the market conditions, demand and supply metrics and competitors and validates that data to properly access the appropriate placement of their portfolio in the market.
- Timely completion of capital or other improvements, within budgeted limits, and with the coordination and involvement of Engineering, IDS and Procurement.
- Participates in a wide ranging number of corporate led initiatives providing subject matter expertise and leadership. Collaborates with peers across the organization in developing organization wide processes.
- Visits each property at least monthly to examine, discuss, and resolve issues regarding curb appeal, marketing, maintenance, occupancy, accounting, associates, and/or other issues as necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of company policies, applicable local, state, and Federal laws and regulations, affordable housing programs, and other applicable policies and procedures. Ensures compliance of property associates.
- Provides leadership and ensures that the highest possible resident satisfaction levels are met. Creates plans and strategies for continuous improvement.
- This position requires an Undergraduate Degree in Property Management or related discipline.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in Property Management required.
- Preferred certification for this position include: CPM.
- Preferred professional/state licensing for this position include: Real Estate License (where applicable).
- Required skills for the position include: verbal and written communications, strong customer satisfaction and service orientation skills, financial reporting abilities, marketing and sales skills, ability to access various software programs including property management (One Site, Yardi etc), and Microsoft Office Suite, SAP.
- This position requires up to 50% travel
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Religion/Sex/Protected Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Marital Status/Pregnancy/Age/National Origin/Genetic Information
Drug free workplace
- Business Development
7+ to 10 years