The Portfolio Acquisitions Analyst supports the portfolio acquisitions process and onboarding of single family home real estate assets with underwriting, due diligence, onboarding and reporting. This position supports the bulk acquisitions of portfolios throughout the markets. The position requires technical aptitude of evaluating data and local market information to conduct financial analysis, prepare memorandums for investment committee, and develop other reports providing insight into key business decisions being made by management. An extensive ability to use MS Excel, along with other MS office products is necessary. This position utilizes analytical skills with the ability to communicate clearly with executive management, acquisitions, construction, property management, closings, and accounting.
- Underwrites portfolio property acquisitions and presents investment returns.
- Functions as lead underwriter of the bulk acquisitions model and as a resource for the Acquisitions Department as it relates to bulk underwriting.
- Studies investment opportunities and researches supporting material to develop investment thesis for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Supports the creation, development and execution of new portfolio acquisitions to scale single family home investment platform.
- Engages and managers the due diligence process for assets under contract.
- Coordinates with VP, Acquisitions to meet deadlines and standards for accurately reporting financial and operating information relative to portfolio acquisitions, construction, property management and closings.
- Maintains a current knowledge of company-wide business processes and maintains working relationships across several departments.
- Performs query functions and reporting on an ad-hoc basis through requests and internal needs.
- Understands and quickly accesses various sources of data to help isolate and address problem areas, including identifying underlying factors contributing to the problem.
- Prepares PowerPoint slide deck presentations (e.g. Investment Memorandums, Business Plans, Investor Presentations, Market Tours, etc.)
- Creates Excel reporting templates using PivotTables, Macros, VBA, etc.
- Maintains, tests, and operates Excel models for bulk acquisitions, Build to Rent and New Construction.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required; MBA or MRED a plus
- 4+ years minimum Analyst and Real Estate experience
- Previous Real Estate development experience preferred
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Must be an independent self-starter; self-motivated, have initiative and have a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to distill information down to key points
- Identify issues and offer solutions
- Thinks critically and draws well-reasoned conclusions
- Minimal travel required
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all of the financial and non-financial incentives you’d expect from an innovative property management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus, depending on your role.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and 1 “you earned it” day.
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
- Portfolio Management
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.