BKM Capital Partners is a growing firm and we are looking for hardworking professionals that want to grow with us. Located in our Newport Beach, California office, the Acquisitions Associate will play an integral role by supporting the acquisitions team in the identification and analysis of investment opportunities. The Acquisitions Associate will report to the Acquisitions Manager.
The Job Essentials:
This person’s key responsibility will be as follows:
- Financial Analysis: Assist in the financial analysis and underwriting of potential acquisition opportunities utilizing Excel and Argus software. Prepare cash flow models that will be utilized to value real estate investments.
- Market Research: Provide research support utilizing online, internal and external resources. Data aggregation as well as assimilation will be required. Gather market research and stay current on industry trends. Maintain thorough market awareness in targeted markets through direct research and review of third-party research.
- Transaction Execution: Preparing investment memoranda for recommended acquisition opportunities. Assist in transaction due diligence by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing property reports, leases, and other due diligence documents. Assist with transaction closings.
- Asset Management: Manage the transition of assets between the acquisitions and asset management team. Assist with portfolio performance reviews and monitor capital improvement progress. Make recommendations using Buy/Sell analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, economics or other business discipline
- 3+ years in acquisitions role within the Commercial Real Estate field
- Knowledge of industrial markets in the western region
- Advanced Excel capabilities (building and proofing financial models)
- Extensive Argus experience (both DCF and Enterprise preferred)
- A general understanding of commercial real estate terms and investment principles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills with a keen attention to detail
- Motivated and results-driven with strong work ethic
- Ability to travel (approximately 5-10%) within the western region
- Competitive Pay + Bonus Incentive
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe (Indoor basketball/gym with shower, brand new office, team-building events, company training opportunities, and much more!)
What We’re All About
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Capital Partners is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Additional information is available at .
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.