Job Title: Senior Administrative Analyst (Facility Management) 2 positions
Job Number: 5536556
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Work Schedule: 9/80
Application Filling Period: Apr 24 – May 9, 2018 @ 4:30pm PT. Application filing period may close prior to the filing end date if sufficient applications have been received. If sufficient applications have not been received, then the filing period end date may be extended.
Salary Range: $41.78 - $54.95 per hour
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California is a consortium of twenty-six cities and water districts that provides drinking water to nearly 19 million people in Southern California. Metropolitan’s mission is to provide its service area with adequate and reliable supplies of high quality water to meet current and future needs in an environmentally and economically responsible way. Metropolitan’s facilities include the 242-mile Colorado River Aqueduct, five conventional water treatment plants with a combined capacity of 2.6 billion gallons per day, nine surface water reservoirs, 800 miles of pipeline, and 16 hydroelectric power plants.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ANALYST (Facility Management)2 positions
The Metropolitan Water District’s Real Property Group currently has two (2) openings for a Senior Administrative Analyst within the Facility Management Team, Asset Management Unit located at its headquarters in Los Angeles, CA.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration of maintenance for facility assets, including buildings, residences, grounds and equipment. You will administer various facility management service and supplier contracts including planning, scheduling, and directing contractors and maintenance personnel performing facility construction, operations, and maintenance activities; perform contract management duties including quality control inspections to ensure all work is being performed in accordance with contract specifications and Metropolitan standards; approve contractors' invoices; and maintain schedules, coordinate contractors and staff trades and to keep management informed on all elements of each repair or project. You will support high level events hosted at the headquarters building such as Metropolitan board and committee meetings, member and public agency events, and work closely with internal and external work groups. You will conduct periodic assessments of facility operations and services and makes recommendations to improve cost efficiency and effectiveness. You will also serve as back up to the Fire Safety Director for the Metropolitan headquarters building.
1. Conducts and may lead complex research and analyses in a variety of areas; prepares written reports, presents findings and recommendations, and makes presentations.
2. Develops scopes of work, specifications, schedules, budgets and complex solicitations and contracts for a range of projects; participates in the evaluation of proposals; negotiates terms, conditions and cost, and independently resolves complex contractual issues.
3. Plans and coordinates projects within area of responsibility, including developing scope, methodology, quality control measures, budget and schedule.
4. Conducts cost benefit, statistical, and trending analyses in order to make recommendations on business and financial issues such as cost management, revenue generation, water rate support, and water supply resource investments and programs.
5. Assists in providing enterprise-wide program administration for services that may include taxation, debt financing, and setting of rates and charges, and development of financial systems, budgeting, financial reporting, and internal control assessments.
6. Authors complex reports, studies, manuals, training materials, procedures, Board letters, and other documents for management, the Board, and external entities; develops formats to facilitate clear understanding of materials to be presented.
7. Analyzes budgetary, financial, and statistical data; analyzes variances and recommends corrective measures; develops budget and budget reports, technical information, and analyses to assist management in budget administration and compliance; evaluates the impact of staffing and organizational changes or other management directives on budget allocations and recommends appropriate action.
8. Acts as Project Manager; plans, coordinates, and conducts projects within area of responsibility, including monitoring scope, quality, budget and schedule.
9. Performs other related Administrative Analyst job duties as required.
Work Schedule: 9/80, 7:00 am - 4:45 pm, Monday - Friday with alternate Fridays off.
Job Related Selection Criteria:
15% Oral Communication Skills
15% Written Communication Skills
10% Analytical Skills
15% Interpersonal Effectiveness
20% Job Preparation (education, experience, and training relevant to this position)
25% Technical Knowledge and Skills such as: administrative and contract management skills with knowledge of the technical aspects of buildings and grounds maintenance and operations, and must have knowledge of the needs, requirements, and operating principles of building systems; knowledge of maintenance and construction techniques and the capabilities of various skilled trades
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and six years of relevant experience; OR Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and four years of relevant experience; OR two years in an MWD Analyst classification.
A related field for a college degree is defined as a degree in: management, business, engineering, facilities management, or related field.
Relevant experience is defined as 6 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree in one or more of the following areas within Facility Management operations and services such as plant operations, janitorial, food services, building engineering or building maintenance trades, space planning/move management, and/or customer service in a commercial office environment; Experience in contract management including contract compliance, quality control, specification development, proposal evaluation, contract negotiation, and invoice processing; Experience coordinating executive level special events including compliance with safety, insurance, legal, and actively managing all aspects during events; Experience applying knowledge of practices, policies, and procedures employed in a facility management/maintenance environment including building codes, construction practices, OSHA regulations, and fire/life/safety practices/procedures; Demonstrated experience analyzing data, creating reports, and presenting to senior management and business partners.
Required Knowledge of: Principles, procedures, and practices of business management and analysis; project management; budgeting or finance; financial tracking systems; contract development and administration; pertinent laws, codes and regulations; and current office technology and equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities to: Identify, analyze and resolve complex budgetary, procedural, and organizational issues and implement modifications to existing programs, systems, and procedures; provide project management support and manage projects; research, gather and compile data; prepare and review correspondence, documents, and reports; administer contracts; prepare clear and concise reports; monitor budgets and utilize financial tracking systems; use applicable software applications; prepare & deliver presentations; organize and prioritize work; use independent judgment and exercise discretion; problem solve; prioritize and multi-task; communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; work independently and in a team environment; lead and train; and operate current office equipment including computers and supporting applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Valid California Class C Driver’s license or equivalent from state of residency that allows you to drive in the course of your employment (Must have at time of application.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the job duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties.
Physical Demands: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as paper, books, or small parts; driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Environment: The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, and residences or commercial vehicles, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, observance of fire regulations and traffic signals, etc. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
• Competitive compensation
• Excellent medical, dental, life, vision
• Retirement plans, including pension plan and 401k
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training and advancement opportunities
• Excellent working environment
• Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
• On-site fitness center
• Hub of public transportation: Rail, subway, buses and taxis
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link: http://www.mwdh2o.com/PDF_Careers/benefits.pdf
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. To receive a copy of the complete job description, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MWD is a Federal and State EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Facilities Management
5+ to 7 years