JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Brookfield Property Partners is currently seeking a Director of Leasing to join the Office Leasing management team develop and implement office marketing and leasing strategies of office properties.
- Prospects brokers and tenants and /or oversees the negotiations of leases ensuring terms and conditions comply with corporate and regional goals and objectives for office space.
- Negotiate new leases for available space in the Los Angeles portfolio. Manage the leasing transaction process from negotiating terms with the tenant through final lease execution.
- Cultivate relationships with existing portfolio tenants and proactively renew tenants to comply with corporate and regional goals and objectives for retail space.
- Identify and attract innovative new office tenants for Brookfield’s portfolio.
- Manage and expand Brookfield’s broker relationships in Los Angeles.
- Review all lease proposals for all prospective and actual lease transactions. Analyze the financial impact of each potential transaction. Prepare reports for senior management as necessary.
- Works with the Construction department on tenant improvement projects to ensure projects are completed on a timely basis and meet the requirements of the lease. Reviews construction plans, pricing, schedule and objectives.
- Provides assistance and guidance to Leasing team members as needed to ensure leasing activity exhibits Brookfield’s desired level of professionalism.
- Participate in the preparation of annual leasing budgets.
- Conducts property tours for prospective tenants, brokers, and visitors.
- Establishes and maintains relationship with major tenants in the region and prospective tenants.
- Gathers and maintains information on market conditions. Summarizes and analyzes information for trends, observations and impact on Brookfield Properties and leasing efforts.
- Represents Brookfield’s interest on various industry / professional organizations.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to facilitate positive relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7+ years of experience in a commercial real estate leasing management role. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Maintains strong contacts in the industry.
- Effective communication skills. Able to identify the information needs of the target audience and tailor the message appropriately.
- Must possess strong time-management skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Excellent attention to detail, proven analytical experience and aptitude.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret leases.
- Ability to travel in the region.
- Understanding of marketing and creative merchandising.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Yardi experience considered a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Brokerage / Sales
- Corporate Services
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.