Job Location: United States : California : San Francisco Role Value Proposition: MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. This role will be responsible for supporting the Asset Management team for MetLife’s general account real estate equity portfolio and third party investors. The portfolio includes office, retail, industrial, multi-family, hotels and land holdings. Key Responsibilities:
- Support Asset Management team in establishing and directing asset investment strategy, financial forecasts and budgets, valuation analysis, management and leasing efforts and capital analysis for the regional equity portfolio.
- Support the asset management team in the development of property operating budgets, capital budgets, income re-projections and annual business plans; Manage database applications and oversee portfolio reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Support the asset management team as needed in any asset dispositions, including coordinating sale effort with outside brokers
- Assist in underwriting and valuation of large/complex commercial real estate assets including office, industrial, multi-family, retail and hotel, and review/provide feedback on third party underwriting of quarterly property valuations
- Coordinate with acquisitions group regarding new investments to minimize operational or financials issues following closing; Assist in due diligence and coordination with asset managers during the closing/onboarding process including, tenant estoppel reviews, OFAC compliance, ARGUS audit, rent roll/lease verification, etc. as required in the acquisition and development of real estate equity assets
- Coordinate with property managers and leasing teams in gathering property information on an ad-hoc basis
- Lead OFAC reviews and related initiatives for the Region; Process all REIT compliance, GRESBY and other compliance related reports
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable business related field
- Proficiency with ARGUS, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Results oriented team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple tasks
- MBA or Masters in Real Estate equivalent
- Experience with MRI accounting systems
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.