Job Location: United States : California : San Francisco
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is a premier asset manager with breadth across various asset sectors and global markets, and strong asset-liability management capabilities. With a $500 billion combined domestic and international general account portfolio and a multi-billion dollar annual cash flow, Investments is an important contributor to MetLife’s financial performance. The primary objective of Investments is to maximize MetLife’s long-term economic value by investing in assets that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Global Real Estate and Agricultural Investments maintain a portfolio invested in commercial real estate and agricultural mortgages, as well as real estate equities. Real Estate Investments sources and manages commercial real estate investments through seven regional field offices in the U.S. and International field offices in London, Tokyo, Mexico City and Santiago. The Sr. Analyst will support the Mortgage team (Mortgage Production and Loan Management) for the MetLife General Account portfolio, investment management clients, and debt fund.
- Support the Mortgage Team in sourcing and originating new commercial real estate loans.
- Assist in the underwriting and valuation of commercial real estate assets for new loans.
- Provide in-depth analysis and assist with the preparation of new transaction approval memoranda.
- Assist with due diligence, data input, information collection efforts, and the closing process.
- Support loan asset management initiatives of the existing real estate debt portfolio including borrower requests, third party investor compliance, internal reporting, post-closing requirements, lease reviews, draw requests, loan boarding, and portfolio surveillance.
- Assist the Mortgage Team on the existing portfolio with valuations, mortgage ratings, financial statement reviews, and data entry.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- At least 2 years relevant experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written) and ability to handle multiple assignments.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (real estate or finance); MBA a plus.
- Relevant experience (knowledge of Argus, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.