Starwood Property Trust (STWD) is the nation’s largest commercial mortgage REIT, managed by Starwood Capital Group, with over 1400 professionals worldwide. STWD is a publicly-traded REIT focused on investing in, originating and servicing commercial real estate debt. Specialists in customized loans for large, complex transactions, we are well-positioned to make loans from $30 million to $500 million+, with terms as short as 1 year to longer than 10 years on transitional and stabilized assets, with both fixed and floating rates. A one-stop shop, with the ability to commit and close quickly, we lend seamlessly through the entire capital stack. We originate loans on all property types nationwide, in Canada and Europe, focusing on primary and secondary markets. Underwriting, origination, asset management, primary servicing, legal and accounting are in-house.
Location: San Francisco
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze property financial statements, budgets, rent rolls, and other property level information
- Prepare underwriting models including entering operating statements, rent rolls, modeling in-place cash flow, projecting future cash flows, and sensitizing projections.
- Prepare Argus files
- Create detailed investment memos
- Track due diligence submissions from borrowers and track down needed items
- Perform market research. Evaluate competitive properties and change to market supply and demand.
- Read, abstract, and analyze leases
- Analyze borrower financial statements
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong quantitative and technical/computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Argus, a plus.
- Basic understanding of commercial real estate underwriting, documentation, terms, structures, property types, and markets preferred.
- Well-developed analytical skills with strong written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work closely with others as well as independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of underwriting experience in a commercial real estate environment which might include direct experience in lending and/or credit.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Finance or Economics preferred.
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.