SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Property Manager is responsible for the oversight, management and requirements for a portfolio of several retail and industrial properties with substantial cumulative value. Specific responsibilities include maximizing NOI and asset value for the company, annual budgeting, property management, operations, maintenance, client and tenant relations, support for the leasing team, marketing, accounts payable collections, risk management and financial reporting.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regular Functions include:
Develop and manage a budget for the portfolio of companies. Conduct analysis of revenue and expenses to budget throughout the year and implement measures to ensure budget goals are met.
Responsible for the day-to day operations and maintenance of all properties. This includes making site visits, assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the properties, making recommendations for change to top management, and executing changes as discussed.
Work with brokers and internal personnel to maximize occupancy.
Actively communicate with tenants, anticipate requirements, provide exceptional customer service, and ensure timely collection of rent from tenants for all properties.
Prepare and present monthly reporting, performance to annual budgets, quarterly reprojections and CAM reconciliations to top management. Complete all functions required to support these activities.
Prepare 1099 tax compliance requirements and assist with the year end audit.
Oversee construction of capital and tenant improvements in compliance with leases and local codes.
Solicit bids and manage vendors, contractors, and service contracts to minimize costs and maximize value received.
Ensure all processes associated with bids, vendors, contractors and service contracts are completed including maintaining vendor certificates of insurance, obtaining W9s, completing the contractors’ database, reviewing, coding, approving and maintaining vendor invoices and files, distributing documents, updating 20-day Preliminary Notices, reports, and checks as appropriate.
Process, maintain, and file contract documents and change orders. Coordinate the preparation and review of specifications for contracts. Review and correspond with Subs invoices for required conditional waivers for prelim suppliers.
Assist Acquisition team with underwriting and acquisition of new properties.
Ensure administration of new leases, processing and maintaining contracts, tenant and vendor insurance, work orders, A/P, A/R, and real estate taxes.
Participate in departmental projects as assigned and provide input on process improvements.
Other duties may be added by management at any time. Jobs are subject to change and additional responsibilities may be added/reassigned/eliminated as needed.
Periodic Functions include:
- Set up new vendor in system when required.
- Car travel as necessary.
- Potential for out-of-state travel.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial property management. Experience in multi-family would be helpful.
Yardi experience preferred.
Required Behaviors and Competencies include:
- Ability to manage time well and adhere to deadlines
- Self starter, proactive, results oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to provide feedback
- Ability to adapt, flexible regarding change, ability to multi-task
- Strong focus on customer service
- Willingness to work hours as needed, flexible schedule
- Dependable and organized with ability to prioritize. Good judgment
- Demonstrated planning and analytical skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Strong negotiations skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; Ability to read and understand procedures
- Has a strong sense of urgency in solving problems and resolving issues
Professional/Technical Training and Skills include:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software
- Ability to update and create Excel spreadsheets
- Experience reviewing and abstracting commercial leases.
Experience reviewing commercial leases and ability to prepare a Lease Summary.
Licenses and Certifications include:
Certified Property Manager
- CORE VALUES:
Ability to actively promote Storm Core Values of:
- Building Enduring Customer Value
- Passionately Pursue Excellence
- Works as a Team/Win as a Team
- Optimize Results
- Work with Integrity/Build Trust.
- Project Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.