Accounting Assistant Controller or Project Accountant in Stockton
This is a great opportunity to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment for a growing fully integrated real estate investment and development company. The position will be accounting and operationally focused, responsible for all aspects of investment and development accounting, reporting and financial management. In addition, the position will work directly with the accounting manager and will have involvement with investor accounting and reporting, tax analysis, transaction structuring among other items. The person will work with and help support Investor Relations, Acquisitions in addition to Corporate Accounting.
- Assistant Controller will assist Controller/Accounting Department Manager in the overall project accounting and bookkeeping capacities including processing of all construction loan draws, capital calls, budget variance analysis, entity set up and treasury functions.
- Responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of all general ledger activity for new acquisitions and existing portfolio
- Prepare quarterly financials and report requirements for investors and banks
- Respond to investor/lender inquiries relating capital accounts, accounting, tax and investment related issues.
- Record assets and depreciation in fixed asset database.
- Complete ad hoc financial projects as required.
- Work with acquisitions, development, property management departments in performing various ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Prior public accounting preferred, managerial experience, in addition to real estate or relevant industry experience
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent work ethic, high level of integrity and excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills in decision making.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Superior ability to track and meet deadlines focused on overcoming obstacles.
- High level of computer skills, including extensive experience with Yardi Voyage or similar real estate accounting system.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.