JOB TITLE: FACILITIES OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: VAN NUYS
JOB OPENING #: 4704
The Judicial Council of California is accepting applications for the position of Facilities Operations Supervisor for the Facilities Services office.
The Facilities Operations Supervisor will be responsible for independent supervision of field staff, oversight and implementation of facility management, operations, and code compliant maintenance program in a multi-county territory; independently planning and coordinating all Facility Management Administrator (FMA) level staff and contracted service providers engaged in managing and maintaining court facilities.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in the Van Nuys area.
- Implement a facility operations and maintenance program for court facilities. Authorize, verify, and approve work conducted by service providers and contractors. Oversee FMA’s in conducting comprehensive onsite facilities review and evaluation:
- Performs the most complex and specialized work associated with building operations and
maintenance and facility management services including oversight of procurement and contracting operations.
- Collaborate as required to plan, control, and determine necessary project work to preserve, maintain, and improve court facilities;
- Coordinate with staff and service providers to ensure that demand and preventive maintenance is conducted in a timely manner to meet contract and industry qualify standards and prolong life of equipment and assets.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior court officials and court facilities staff for superior courts and appellate court districts covering the region:
- Participate in Facility Management unit committee meetings, present as needed;
- Review, approve, and control annual budgets including routine service work orders and preventive maintenance items annually:
- Review, validate, and approve monthly invoices and audits prepared by staff;
- Review, and approve county, contractor, and delegated court invoices for operations, maintenance, and facility modifications;
- Monitor spending and overall budget performance across specified fund codes. Provide program assistance and budget guidance to appellate court via analysis and reporting.
- In collaboration with the Project Management unit project managers, coordinates facility modifications with planning and design activities of major capital projects, including development of new buildings.
- Implements strategic and routine programs for operating and maintaining safe, secure and healthy court facilities, consistent with applicable codes, regulations, guidelines, and industry standard practices.
- Support design, development, and transition of facilities capital projects.
- Manage and oversee Key Performance Indicators for all service providers in the region.
- Responsible for emergency response and remediation 24/7/365 to ensure uptime for the courts and protection of the Judicial Council real property assets.
- Supervisory duties:
- Recommends selection to staff;
- Trains staff and proposes internal and external training courses and workshops;
- Approves time off requests;
- Reviews and approves time sheets;
- Evaluates employee performance and conducts performance reviews; and
- Administers discipline as required.
Bachelor’s degree, and five (5) years of building structure/systems management, facilities maintenance, project management, and budgeting/cost analysis experience which includes one (1) year of supervisory experience. Additional directly related experience and/or education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
Three years as a Facilities Management Administrator with the Judicial Council of California or three years of experience performing the duties of a class comparable in the level of responsibility to that of a Facilities Management Administrator in a California state government entity and a) completion of training courses on topics related to effective supervision within 6 months of promotion; or b) one year of previous supervisory experience.
Please note: if you are selected for hire, verification of employment eligibility or authorization to work in the United States will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
To ensure consideration of your application for the earliest round of interviews, please apply by 5:00 P.M. on Monday, May 28, 2018. This position requires the submission of our official application, a resume and a response to the supplemental questions.
To complete an online application, please visit us at www.courts.ca.gov/careers and search for JO#4704.
To obtain a printed application, please download a copy at http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/JCC-Job-Application.pdf.
Request a paper application by visiting us at:
Judicial Council of California
455 Golden Gate Avenue, 5th Floor
San Francisco, California 94102-3688
415-865-4272 Telecommunications Device for the Deaf
Please refer to “Facilities Operations Supervisor, Job Opening #4704” on your application materials and all correspondence.
The Judicial Council provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities who request such accommodation. Reasonable accommodation needs should be requested through Human Resources at (415) 865-4260.
PAYMENT & BENEFITS
$6,992 - $10,488 per month
Some highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits program
- 13 paid holidays per calendar year
- Choice of Annual Leave or Sick/Vacation Leave
- 1 personal holiday per year
- $130 transit pass subsidy per month
- CalPERS Retirement Plan
- 401(k) and 457 deferred compensation plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- FlexElect Program
- Pretax Parking
- Long Term Disability Program (employee paid/optional)
- Group Legal Plan (employee paid/optional)
The Judicial Council of California Is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job