Cedar Realty Trust, Inc. is a fully-integrated real estate investment trust that owns and manages shopping centers. Our high-quality core portfolio of primarily grocery-anchored shopping centers straddling the Washington, DC to Boston corridor totals approximately 10 million square feet of GLA. We are focused on creating long-term value for our shareholders and long term relationships with our tenants.
Reporting to the SVP, Leasing, the Associate Director, Development Leasing will be responsible for driving leasing activity for the retail component of our mixed use redevelopment projects portfolio wide. The successful candidate will be a highly strategic professional with leasing experience within retail assets in urban trade areas. He/she will be responsible for helping to lead and facilitate the retail leasing process as well as participating in the evaluation, underwriting, and budgeting of the company’s development projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Vice President of Development Leasing with executing Cedar’s leasing strategy for the development project pipeline from inception to completion
- Assist in generating innovative retail alternatives from a design perspective for both ground-up and redevelopment projects to maximize the firm’s value creation/enhancement
- Have and develop a thorough understanding of the markets where we do business, particularly Philadelphia and Washington, DC
- Assist in the acquisition due diligence process, tenants lease review, analysis of market and competitive position, etc.
- Identify and source, via prospecting, new tenants that will be most beneficial to the merchandising and value creation of the center while enhancing overall tenant quality
- Assist in communicating and negotiating with both tenants and third-party retail brokers
- Assist in the negotiation of new and renewal lease deals to drive income and create long term value creation opportunities
Manage the production of agreements and documents in connection with retail leasing, including: letters of intent, leases, settlement agreements, lease guarantees, lease commencement agreements, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required
- 2+ years of progressive leasing experience within a respected real estate platform (owner, developer, operator or brokerage firm) with an emphasis on retail leasing
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, goal-oriented with willingness to learn
- Demonstrated skill in prospecting and negotiation of commercial retail lease transactions
- Broad existing relationships with the community of retail tenants and brokers
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written
- Desire and ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Active member of ICSC, and other relevant industry associations
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job