Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced commercial Property Manager who will be responsible for property management operations on a national portfolio of retail properties in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. The Property Manager should have exceptional communication and organizational skills; be detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers; focused on customer service; ability to work under pressure; self-motivated and self-directed; ability to assert oneself; exemplary time management skills; ability to work with internal resources in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team.
Specifically, the commercial Property Manager will have responsibility for:
- Coordinate all aspects of property management, including the day-to-day operations of the property, consisting of tenant relations, maintenance and repair, capital improvements, exterior janitorial services, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Provide excellent tenant service by responding to tenant requests/problems in a timely and courteous manner. Follow-up with the tenant to ensure satisfactory resolution of the issue.
- Available to respond to emergency property issues including after-hours.
- Possess a keen understanding of lease language and ability to comprehend and administer Landlord obligations under the lease and/or REAs.
- Report property damage claims, complete restoration work, and work with insurers on settlement.
- Ability to navigate/update the company's ERP system (Yardi) for maintenance requests, preventative maintenance, vendor information, vendor Certificate of Insurance tracking, and key building data.
- Receive, code, review, approve, and ensure accuracy of property expense invoices.
- Knowledgeable about building systems, including roofs, parking lots and mechanical systems.
- Effectively supervise contractors, vendors, and maintenance personnel.
- Prepare for and coordinate property transitions including new acquisitions, vacancies, and dispositions.
- Review and approve operating expense reconciliations provided by the Property Management Finance team.
- Work with tenants, internal personnel, and/or other parties on CAM reconciliation issues or disputes.
- Travel periodically (approximately 2-4 times per year) to meet with vendors, on-site management, and inspect properties and/or monitor major projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial property management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from tenants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Showing the ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully, and develop alternative solutions.
- Manage difficult or emotional tenant situations, respond promptly to tenant needs, respond to requests for service and assistance, and meet commitments.
- Work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources.
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and set goals and objectives.
- Meet productivity standards, complete work in timely manner, strive to increase productivity, and work quickly.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment; Manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.