A well-established multifamily real estate owner and developer based in Los Angeles is seeking a Real Estate Project Manager.
- Oversee multifamily capital projects, including ground up construction, interior renovations, leasing office renovations, clubhouse renovations, amenity additions, roofing replacements, HVAC, Boiler/Chiller repair, asphalt work, siding replacement, balcony renovation, plumbing repair, and electrical.
- Assist with permitting process with city of Los Angeles and other western U.S. cities
- Work with the asset management and onsite teams to vet out vendors and collect bids to obtain the best possible pricing.
- Travel to assets to observe construction progress, and meet with vendors and management companies.
- Weekly phone calls with third party construction teams and management teams to ensure project status and budget requirements are on track.
- Meet with Director of Asset Management, COO, and partnership to ensure all capital goals are being met.
- Review draws, bills, contractor contracts, and other documents to ensure accuracy, and then present to accounting team for review and booking.
- Track and maintain records of capital expenditures and capital project contracts, using excel, and other project management software such as Microsoft projects or Zoho projects.
Acquisitions Capital Planning
- Assist acquisitions team with capital planning and budgeting on new acquisitions. Obtain bids from local vendors, and also assist with expertise on timeline for desired construction project and obtaining bids from vendors.
- Travel to assets during due diligence to inspect the assets, and meet with local vendors and inspectors to understand full scope of capital needs.
- Review and negotiate bids from vendors and inspection reports, and work with both the acquisitions and asset management team to prepare for takeover.
- Minimum 2-3 years of construction project management experience
- Understanding of multifamily development, and ability to read plans
- Complete understanding of major multifamily renovation including:major building systems (HVAC, centralized systems including boilers and chillers, aluminum and copper wiring) roofing, siding, asphalt repair, plumbing, structural issues, landscaping, and painting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Gannt Charts, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- You must be a self-starter, and willing to adapt in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
SALARY:Negotiable Upon Experience
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.