Overview of the Role
Based in Janus Henderson’s US headquarters in Denver, this role will lead and oversee the day to day management of the FM Team which has responsibility throughout our US footprint (11 offices).
This role will be responsible for directing and managing function that support the workplace(s) in an efficient and cost effective manner. That they are provided based on best practice and in compliance with statutory and established internal controls.
The role requires both strong personnel leadership skills and FM / CRE expertise to deliver results a high level, ensure client satisfaction and develop positive relationships across the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, direct and monitor day to day management of workplace resources teams and functions including Office Services, Facilities, and Security.
- Overall responsibility for operational day to day management of all offices within the US ensuring that the office standards and client service levels are maintained at all times
- Provides overall direction and strategic planning of facilities and internal support services, departmental operations and staff
- Directs and coordinates facilities projects, equipment acquisitions and installations.
- Responsibility for office buildouts / renovations including coordination and management of contractors, consultants and vendors
- Assists with coordination / execution of real estate activities, including leasehold acquisition and disposal matters, reviewing office lease agreements and overseeing lease audits as assigned
- Directs and oversees outside contractors and suppliers of all outsourced facilities services ensuring superior performance
- Monitors/tracks FM / CRE OE expenses, reviews and approves invoices, and analyzes variances
- Creates and implements preventative maintenance schedules, directs building audits, maintains safe working environment and complies with local building codes, life safety, and OSHA/ADA regulations.
- Supports internal office moves, relocations and space planning efforts.
- Establishes and implements departmental guidelines and procedures.
- Provides on-call emergency support on a 24x7 basis
- Overall responsibility for day to day running of service contracts and any other additional service provision as required.
- Effectively manage day to day relationships with landlords and managing agents at office locations.
- The first point of contact for all US offices in relation to Facilities Management and support
- Set up and implement standard and consistent FM processes that maintain global standards particularly in offices where there is no local FM presence
- Responsibility for the management and service provision of the Facilities Helpdesk, Facilities Admin and Facilities Coordination tasks
- Set objectives and actively manage teams through coaching and mentoring
- Ensure all relevant company policies, procedures and work practices are adhered to
Assumes additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- 10 -15 years’ experience in facilities management, preferably within a large corporate organization
- Hands-on working knowledge of all facets of facilities management including project and strategic planning, design and space building, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop staff with demonstrable experience leading and directing a multi-function teams
- Strong client relationship management background
- Experience in incident management and risk management
- Experience in tracking costs and managing spend within budgets in relation to complex lease, service provider, construction and other operational costs
- Understanding of landlord and tenant relationships and commercial leases
- Highly professional demeanour (poise, tact, and diplomacy) and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all departments of the Company in a highly professional manner.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize information, find solutions to various tactical and strategic problems and prioritize work
- Experience in managing complex F&M and construction projects
- Understanding and experience in dealing with property and FM matters across all markets
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Resourceful, innovative thinker with excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving abilities who can work and make decisions independently
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings and work effectively with various construction trades
- Strong organizational abilities with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong working of MS Office; Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Travel 20% both domestic and international, and work flexible hours
- Ability to demonstrate Janus Henderson Guiding Principles in carrying out the role. Specifically, the role holder must have strong collaboration skills to partner effectively with the wider business and demonstrate conviction in his or her approach to carrying out their duties.
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Bi-Annual Performance Appraisal
- Ongoing communication and assessment
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
- Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
- Facilities Management
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.