About the Position
Spirit Investment Partners, LLC (“Spirit”) is seeking a highly-motivated Real Estate Accountant to be a part of its commercial real estate services and investment team based in its Orange County, California offices located in San Clemente. The Real Estate Accountant will play a dynamic role, working directly with Spirit’s senior management and team in all phases of its real estate operations including its corporate operations, acquisition, asset management, property management, construction management dispositions and accounting. This position will be located at Spirit’s office in San Clemente, CA while it will provide support to both of Spirit’s offices located in San Clemente, CA and Stamford, CT.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare all aspects of the financial statement package, including journal entries, general ledger analysis & review, distribution of reports and month end closing in a timely manner.
- Monitor and maintain operating cash balances.
- Ensure timely payments of all debt, real estate taxes, insurance and distributions.
- Collect, review and process contractor invoicing, including lien releases and other required documentation.
- Coordinate loan draw requests and correspondence with lenders.
- Serve as primary administrative point of contact for the Construction Management team.
- Compose and/or edit correspondence, reports, spreadsheets, presentations and other documents.
- Create and maintain filing systems for both electronic and hard copy filing.
- Assist with special projects.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science from a well-regarded college or university a plus but, not required.
- Minimum two years’ experience as Staff Accountant in a real estate related field a plus but, not required.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized and flexible with the ability to multi-task and react to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must maintain a professional image with vendors, contractors, investors and Spirit employees.
About Spirit Investment Partners
Spirit Investment Partners (“Spirit”) is a fast growing, entrepreneurial real estate investment firm that utilizes our experience, integrity and creativity to achieve superior financial returns for our partners and clients. Founded in 2010, Spirit has since grown into a vertically integrated real estate operating company headquartered in Stamford, CT, with a regional office in Orange County, CA. Spirit Investment Partners focuses on the acquisition of value-added and development opportunities with a current focus on mixed-use and multifamily real estate located throughout the United States. Spirit’s assets under management total approximately $400 million, consisting of 2,600 multifamily units with over $30 million in renovation projects in process.
Spirit offers competitive salaries and a benefits package. If you are interested in becoming a part of a growing, entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and dynamic organization, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Spirit Investment Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job