Associate Director of Acquisitions-Florida Region
Venterra Realty owns and manages 57 apartment communities in 12 major cities providing housing to over 27,000 residents. Founded in 2001, Venterra has completed over $4 billion in transactions, manages a current portfolio in excess of $2 billion, and has over 500 employees.
At Venterra, we:
- Commit to excellence. This is highlighted by outperforming all public Multifamily Real Estate Investment Trust peers on bottom line growth consecutively for the past five years.
- Are a recognized leader in organizational culture. We have been recognized as a “Fortune Top 100 Best Medium Workplace” by Great Place to Work Institute and awarded a 2016 & 2017 “Best Place to Work” on Glassdoor.com.
- We have a strong history of success and rapid organizational growth.
- Are focused on developing our people. More than 75% of our regional and national positions have been filled through internal promotions.
- Have a strong and robust system of core values that form the foundation of our interactions with each other, our communities, our investors, and our partners.
Resulting from our recent growth, Venterra is searching for an Associate Director of Acquisitions that will source acquisitions in its Florida Region and will be based in Orlando. The market coverage will include Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Lakeland, Sarasota/Bradenton, and the Space Coast. The candidate will be responsible for procuring attractive multifamily acquisition opportunities in a very competitive marketplace. The successful candidate will have a thorough command of the financial aspects of real estate transactions as well as the interpersonal skills to effectively work with the broker community to source and close the right deals. This position reports directly to Venterra’s Managing Director of Acquisitions providing the candidate with a unique learning opportunity, and multiple paths to personal/professional growth. The successful candidate joins a well-established, cohesive team, and will have exposure not only to all the areas of management operations, but also frequent interaction with the founders and senior executives of the company.
- Source multifamily assets for acquisition in Venterra’s current and future Florida markets; Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Sarasota/Bradenton, and Space Coast.
- Market Research – Integrate submarket analysis with broader metropolitan and national economic data to determine investment feasibility of additional Florida markets.
- Presenting acquisition opportunities to Venterra’s senior management and executives.
- Understanding of financial modeling and the market variables that impact the valuation of each asset
- Develop a strong level of expertise in all of the Florida multifamily markets within Venterra’s current and future footprint
- Due diligence – Assist with due diligence of multifamily acquisitions. `
- Market Analysis/Feasibility – complete analysis of comparable properties as well as submarket demographics.
- Industry Analysis – Establish and maintain a detailed insight into the competitive multi-family marketplace.
- Network - Effectively interact with external parties including capital partners, third-party consultants, brokers and other multi-family real estate companies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in business, economics, real estate or finance.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of brokerage and/or analysis experience. Real estate experience preferred.
- Advanced productivity tool skills including MS Office Suite, emphasis on Excel.
- A strong interest in real estate and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
- Detail orientation with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to think creatively and be self-sufficient and self-starring.
- A strong desire for success and a never-give-up attitude
- Needs to be able to pitch deals to Senior Leaders and Investors with confidence, rooted in a thorough understanding of prospective assets and their potential.
- Position based in Orlando and will be home based.
Know someone who would be perfect for a role with us? Refer them to us for their and you could be $250 richer!
Please apply at jobs.venterra.com
- Research/Market Analysis
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.