Our client is the Commercial Real Estate Finance group within the investment bank of a premier European-based global financial services institution. Their real estate group is consistently ranked among the top-10 global and US CMBS bookrunners, and they consistently look to grow their platform and expand into new products, including a budding balance sheet lending program.
Our relationship with our client dates back to 2012 and we provide a dedicated, integrated, on-site team to underwrite their Commercial Real Estate loans. This role is to join our dedicated team sitting on-site, working seamlessly with our client.
- Support loan origination assignments for multiple borrowers and different asset types
- Interface regularly with internal staff, clients, legal counsel, and other third-party providers to discuss specific projects
- Complete site inspections and detailed market analysis, including broker interviews and discussions with property management
- Analyze detailed property financial information
- Create and/or review existing Argus cash flow models; edit assumptions based on actual market data collections and financial review information
- Ability to review third party reports (appraisal, engineering, environmental, etc.), and identify key issues that warrant further investigation and/or revision
- Collaborate with appraisers to discuss specific appraisal methodology and ensure that the assumptions used in the appraisal are well-supported and are consistent with the actual terms at the Property and/or market
- Assess borrower’s credit worthiness by reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and media searches
- Participate in presentations and discussions with syndication partners and rating agencies regarding loan structure, sponsorship, legal, property, market, and underwriting issues
- 1-3 years underwriting experience focused on commercial real estate
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent Excel and cash flow modeling skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Rating Agency experience is a plus
Since 1985, Situs has been the premier, global provider of end-to-end commercial real estate and loan advisory services and integrated solutions, offering customized services to leading financial institutions, investors, owners, and developers. We offer a wide array of services, including enterprise and process improvement, capital markets and commercial real estate advisory, primary and special servicing, and creative staffing solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v).
This Employer Participates in E-Verify
- Capital Markets
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years