Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This position will provide direct support to the following Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Strategic Planning Manager(s): Business Relationship, Strategic Planning and Space Portfolio & Standards. This role will also manage the interface with other CRE groups such as Facilities Asset Management (FAM), Project Management (PMO) and CBRE, a third party real estate services provider.
This role will provide analytical support, perform research, gather project cost data, draft budgets, timelines and executive level presentations for approvals in PowerPoint and Project Initiation Documents (PIDS) in Word. Database management in Excel will also be required.
This position will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare project scope, timelines, budgets and acts as project manager on smaller projects.
- Support the Long Range Strategic Plan and General Rate Case preparation by gathering project data, researching industry trends thru benchmarking and report drafting.
- Assist in identifying and completing real estate acquisitions, dispositions, leasing of facilities and lease administration.
- This includes preparing internal approval presentations to executives, assisting in acquisition due diligence and closing procedures. Identify physical, economic and legal issues and strategic solutions during the due diligence process.
- Assist in space planning, building occupancy management, and large move planning across non-electric facilities that house SCE employees.
- Resolves issues and ensures moves are executed to plan.
- Help oversee third party furniture and move vendors to assure project competition.
- Help anticipate the respective needs of clients’ headcount projections, facilities assessments, adjacency studies and other key business drivers essential in programming a long range facilities plan and timely execution to meet the business need.
- 7 years of project management related experience.
- Experience working within a Corporate Real Estate environment participating in office space allocation, adjacency management, churn management, development of occupancy and furniture standards, ingress/egress compliance, planning and design, reconciliation of short term occupancy plans including swing space and/or emergent occupancy mitigation options.
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture Design, Engineering, Business, Real Estate or other Technical Discipline.
- Participate in developing collaborative relationships with senior-level managers of Southern California Edison (SCE) Organizational Units (OU’s) to plan long-term space requirements, identify space problems, strategic solutions, and document business requirements.
- Broad knowledge of CRE Strategy, Project and Facilities Management functions and processes.
- Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Position will require up to 30% traveling throughout the SCE service territory.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of approximately 15 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
SCE is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status
- Project Management
- Due Diligence
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.