Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry.1 We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
1 Based on LIMRA reports for companies with more than $250 million in annual sales, 2012-2016
The Commercial Real Estate Vice President joins a dynamic investment team in a company that prides itself in investment sophistication. In this role, the CRE Loan Originator will join our team to focus on new loan origination in our New York office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Source CRE loans in accordance with Global Atlantic’s origination guidelines and risk parameters
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with borrowers and mortgage bankers
- Size, underwrite, price, structure, negotiate and close CRE loans
- Work with origination team to prepare and present investment packages for internal credit approval
- Participate on CRE team on special projects including, but not limited to presentations, reporting, investment product research, and RFPs
- Undergraduate degree required with high level of personal integrity
- Minimum 7 years overall relevant experience in the real estate investment/finance industry
- Minimum of 5 years in a deal sourcing role
- Minimum of 5 years in a direct origination role
- Experience at a commercial bank or insurance company with balance lending sheet lending experience highly preferred
- Broad range of borrower and mortgage banker relationships
- Experience originating floating rate, transitional bridge loans, mezzanine loans and fixed rate permanent loans
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Argus
- Strong analytical / quantitative and technical abilities, including cash flow modeling, mathematical, and business writing skills
- Significant leadership, personal initiative and interpersonal skills, desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- High ethical standards and judgment
- Able to be highly productive in a fast paced, transaction-oriented department
- Experience with various debt products including, mezzanine and permanent financing
Global Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.