Business Development Manager - (51640)
Los Angeles, CA
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $5.1 billion and over 130,000 employees in 350+ offices throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical and lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC and mechanical, janitorial, landscape and turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information, visit www.abm.com.
ABM OnSite Services is one of the nation’s largest facility management service providers. We offer state-of-the-art, dependable facilities solutions to our customers nationally. ABM is a Fortune 500 company and is publicly listed on NYSE: ABM. We provide service solutions for commercial, high tech, bio-tech, financial institutions and retail facilities across the United States and Canada. (https://metropolis.abm.com/)
Business Development Manager works to develop new and potential accounts within a defined territory for ABM’s Onsite Services which includes Cleaning, Security, Parking and Engineering. This person works with prospective clients to explore the strengths and weaknesses of their current service program, and works with a team of operators to develop and implement an effective sales strategy for either an individual or a bundled solution. The BDM owns the strategic selling process and communicates value to resolve the client’s issues. This person is responsible for the orchestration of the sales process, including the implementation and transition process for new business.
- Develop and execute a variety of comprehensive sales plans, both long and short term, to sell new business.
- Own the information base on prospective clients.
- Write proposals that are detailed, innovative, lively and customer-oriented.
- Achieve new sales goals by managing and directing the sales process.
- Effectively identify and qualify prospective customers.
- Develop an extensive knowledge of the company’s programs.
- Develop a quality proposal that meets and exceeds customer’s desires.
- Think and plan strategically and work effectively with the operations teams to achieve the budgeted results.
- Negotiate contracts and manage the transition process to ensure the proposal commitments are delivered.
- Consistently uphold ABM’s corporate image, specifically in the creation and use of services, promotional materials and events.
- Help build and secure the ABM brand and image. Always represent the company in a professional, positive manner, and consistently maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain a diverse web of relationships, extending to influential people within our industry. The sphere of influence should also include key community partners and strategic partners, as well as prospective clients.
- Maintain a thorough and detailed database for the territory.
- Participate in trade shows, both regional and national.
- Effectively manage the assigned budget.
Additional Responsibilities may include the following tasks:
- Support the company’s online and direct marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the products and services offered by competitors and their sales activity.
- Assist in training in both formal and informal situations as needed.
- Support regional retention efforts as needed.
- Develop a network of skilled operators to assist in the information gathering and program determination steps of the sales process.
- Assist the corporation with competitive intelligence.
- Provide support for the retention effort when requested.
- Able to work well under pressure to meet established goals.
- Proven ability to lead and manage a diverse work force.
- Ability to collaborate with other individuals, departments and teams.
- Strong ability to write compelling, detailed sales proposals.
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple proposals and processes simultaneously.
- Computer literacy including competence in SalesForce.com, Microsoft applications and web-based applications.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Strong skills in the following areas:
- Communication, both written and verbal.
- Time management.
- Negotiation skills.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Business Development/Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Experience in facility services, commercial real estate, or other related field a plus.
- Strong presentation skills and communication.
- Build relationships with existing and new clients to maintain present sales and to facilitate add-on business and services.
- Represent company at local or regional conferences or at national meetings and trade organizations
To apply, please visit: https://abm.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/51640
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
- Business Development
5+ to 7 years