A premier lender, affilliated with Goldman Sachs, Genesis Capital is one of the largest private-money lenders in the US. We focus on providing responsive, flexible and reliable personal service to highly qualified and experienced real estate developers who buy, renovate, and sell single family residential real estate and/or multi-family apartment buildings.
SUMMARY Portfolio Management Associate is responsible to perform analysis on new and existing loans, to write credit memorandums for senior management and senior partner review, and to monitor and manage Genesis’ existing loans and borrowers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the management and monitoring of the existing loan portfolio and the preparation of asset business plans
- Evaluates and analyzes potential risks as it relates to individual borrowers, loans, property types, geographies, etc.
- Assists with preparation of portfolio summary reports at various periods throughout the year (e.g. monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Effectively communicates with sales, construction, valuations, legal, servicing, technology, and processing teams, as well as senior management and senior partners, to prepare reports, credit memos, and analysis
- Assists in the review and analysis of appraisals, loan documents, operating statements, site inspection reports, partnership financial statements, partnership agreements, etc.
- Assists with gathering property data and tracking loan extensions
- Collects and analyzes property rent rolls and operating statements to confirm occupancy, income, expenses, debt service coverage, loan to value, and other relevant performance metrics.
- Tracks post-closing loan conditions to ensure they are completed in a timely manner
- Monitors industry trends for loan portfolio analysis
- Conducts market research and prepares market reports
- Evaluates and analyzes new and existing loans
- Assists with borrower and loan underwriting
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Real Estate Salesperson License must be obtained within 3 months of employment start date
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in real estate (residential or commercial)
- Real estate lending experience a plus
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with exceptional follow-through abilities
- Critical thinker, problem solver, and proactive
- Outstanding writing skills and oral presentation ability
- Detail-oriented and organized with ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Continually seeks to improve business processes
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment
- An energetic and dynamic professional with a willingness to learn
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job