We are looking for a team oriented professional to join our Real Estate Investment and Asset Management team in Rockville, Maryland. The role encompasses applying your application of real estate market analytics, preferably in the hotel sector, in which to support decision making opportunities within our team. This is the first step for a motivated real estate professional. Increased opportunities may include; participation in direct client interaction, modeling of portfolio economics and risk assessments, and responsibility for areas of portfolio management as our hotel portfolio continues to expand. You will join a group within Choice Hotels driving to position Cambria Hotels and other brands within the Choice family as market leaders. Choice has committed a significant amount of capital and resources toward brand and company growth.
This position is a match for someone who is able to work collaboratively across many business functions and is comfortable communicating effectively through a commanding display of verbal, written and presentation skills with multiple internal disciplines and external clients.
The position will be defined by the skills the applicant displays and the propensity to increase their knowledge in the hotel sector. This is an opportunity for someone who is seeking growth in the hospitality real estate sector, who desires to become part of a key business unit within one of the largest hotel companies in the world.
This role reports to the Managing Director, Real Estate Investments.
The Real Estate Investment and Asset Management (“REIAM”) team is responsible for all segments of the real estate life cycle; capital structuring, underwriting, negotiations, internal approvals, documentation, development oversight, deployment, asset management, capital recycling and workouts. We manage global capital deployment to fuel the growth of select Choice brands. We also oversee a team of highly focused associates who locate and secure land, adaptive reuse buildings and conversion opportunities throughout the U.S. Our team is fully integrated into the business; we are a driver of growth at the company and we are a true partner to the business. We’re looking for smart, creative, motivated and thoughtful professionals to join us.
Who you will be…
- 1+ years of progressive experience in real estate market analytics including pro forma modeling, market economic analysis, preferably in the hotel sector
- Demonstrated collaborative successful experiences in a team environment
- Strong financial background and experience in creating economic models and measurement tools to utilize and influence key decision making opportunities
- MBA, MS, JD, CFA preferred, but not required
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of portfolio management skills
- Targeted travel = 10%
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years