Division: Commercial Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Property Management
Direct Reports: Varies
Location: Oakland, CA
Paramount Property Company ("PPC") is an independent commercial property management company operating in the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver metro areas. We are expanding to the Seattle market! We provide full-service property management services, backed by a team with extensive commercial real estate experience and a focus on improving the property bottom line. Our parent company, Hamilton Zanze (HZ), has acquired over $2.3 billion in multifamily investments across 10 states in the Western and Southwestern U.S. HZ and PPC invest our own capital in every acquisition, closely aligning our interests with those of our investors.
The Senior Portfolio Manager will manage all operational aspects of a portfolio properties including complex or multi-owner commercial, industrial, and retail properties. The role will manage a staff of approximately ten direct reports including Assistant Property Managers, building Maintenance Staff, Accounting, and Administrative Support staff. The Senior Portfolio Manager will oversee and manage a portfolio of one or more commercial real estate properties. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the operational and administrative functions relating to daily operations of the portfolio. This role will work in partnership with the Project Manager to effectively manage all construction and capital improvements.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Oversee and create accurate, timely, and complete operational budgets and financial reports.
- Develops and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Directly supervises employees reporting to the assigned buildings.
- Establishes written goals and objectives for direct reports and conducts periodic formal and informal performance evaluations.
- Develops training program and career path for property employees.
- Effectively responds to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
- Directs the development, revision, and implementation of property manuals and on-line systems.
- Inspects facilities and equipment, recommends and directs alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary. Recommends, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
- Assigns employees to duties such as maintenance, repair, or renovation and obtains bids for additional work from outside contractors, pursuant to client and PPC guidelines.
- Develops and controls annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance, explaining variances.
- Complete and review reconciliations of tenant rent and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) recovery charges.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of lease agreements; ensure compliance from an accounting standpoint and act upon from an operations point of view.
- Negotiates early terminations of leases. Provides lease analysis for client's review and approval. Documents settlement of and notifies affected parties.
- Develops business relationships through membership and participations in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations.
Specific Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in budget preparation and financial reporting, with a strong understanding of building operational systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
- Competencies- Manage a profitable P&L, Client facing, perform the functions of leasing management, ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Skills Required- Business, Financial, and Accounting Acumen, Communication, Leadership, Project management, and Technology Skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent telephone presentation skills.
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and upgrade skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Understanding of leases and insurance.
- Capability to meet deadlines on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn and be inquisitive
- Highly organized, proactive, and resourceful.
Education and Work Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- Current Real Estate license required. LEED certification preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of commercial real estate experience in property management.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience managing a team of people.
- Occasional to Constant Repetitive Fine Manipulation (keyboarding, ten key, writing).
- Rare to Occasional Simple Grasping.
- Rare to Occasional ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional to Constant Sitting.
- Rare to Occasional Walking.
- Occasional twisting of the neck and waist.
- Rare to Occasional Reaching at or below the Shoulder level.
- Ability to travel locally and to various locations across the country as needed.
- Occasional to Frequent usage of verbal communication equipment (telephone, radio, cellular).
- Rare to Occasional Squatting/Bending/Stooping.
- Portfolio Management
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.