As a key member of the firm, the Securities Controller will report into the CFO. He/she will have overall management responsibilities including trade processing allocation, settlement and reconciliation, reporting, vendor communication/reporting, control and risk management. The candidate will manage daily operations ensuring vendor service level agreements are met as well as work closely with management to set clear productivity metrics and technology initiatives in enhancing our quality and scalability of our middle and back office operations.
The Securities Controller will work closely with the listed securities, compliance and finance/accounting teams for daily intra-day reporting and post-trade processing reports.
- Oversee daily operations and management of various Listed Real Estate Securities (LRES) fund vehicles
- Responsible for daily trade execution with the Firm’s various broker relationships
- Develop and leverage brokerage relationships to facilitate block trades and best execution
- Responsible for creating materials (commission summaries, broker questionnaires, etc) and leading quarterly best execution committee meetings.
- Work with Compliance team daily to ensure appropriate allocations between LRES fund vehicles, including periodic testing of such allocations
- Further develop productivity metrics that effectively maintain capacity and service level agreements
- Ensure middle/back office controls are met and maintained in accordance with audit, compliance and regulatory requirements and procedures
- Develop and implement procedures and strategies meeting firm wide and street side operational objectives
- Prepare financial reporting, investment reporting, and performance analysis of LRES vehicle(s) with CFO monthly
- Ensure adherence to securities laws and internal compliances policies with regards to all trade execution, processing and settlements
- Participate in investor/prospective investor meetings and due diligence visits, as needed
- Maintain a culture and environment where processes and controls are continually monitored and potential risks escalated on a timely basis
- Responsible for all operational activities for Firm’s LRES fund vehicles with multiple investors. Reconcile all positions for the fund between the admins, prime brokers and Bloomberg OMS daily
- Maintain allocation schedules across all entities investment documenting all exceptions, rationale, etc
- Allocate and instruct trades between several funds and ensure proper settlement
- Frequent interaction with and point person for trading and settlement brokers, fund administrator, prime broker(s) and all counterparties
- Supporting Corporate Accounting/ Management including:
- Fund expense allocations and tracking of receivables
- Review of quarterly corporate covenant reporting with banks and lenders
- Budgeting and Profitability
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant subject (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Management)
- 5+ years of experience in real estate, private equity or hedge fund operations
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team player who can positively and productively add product impact to both strategic and tactical technology
- Possesses expert level of knowledge in communications and proven success interacting with senior management both in the business, operations, and technology environments both internally and externally
- Deep product knowledge of Prime Finance, focused on REITs products, with in-depth insight into how Operations and Technology functions within the product set
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
A compensation package commensurate with experience and will be offered to the successful candidate. Package will include salary, bonus and benefits.
- Accounting / Control
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.