MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
Role Purpose: This position will support the operations of the Property Management Department, as supervised by the Director of Strategy and Implementation, by handling a variety of complex situations involving clerical, analytical, and administrative functions
Your day to day:
- Collaborate with Portfolio Managers and Directors of Operations to better utilize current tools and to develop additional reporting and forecasts to evaluate trends and strategies as needed. Conduct ad-hoc analyses and build models to evaluate strategies, recommendations and provide insights into areas of risk.
- Policy Management: Assist in updating policies to address changes in business processes, regulations. This includes drafting, incorporating feedback, obtaining approvals, publishing and training staff when implementing new policies or initiatives
- Systems Maintenance: Provide field support and maintain current systems operated through to third parties. Systems include but not limited to:
- Lease documentation and background screening vendor
- Applications for property inspections and reporting
- Answering Service – trouble shoot any field staff issues and escalation issues
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science in business administration, economics, finance, mathematics preferred; High school Diploma/Associate Degree required
- 2+ years of related work experience in a project management or finance-related field (including management consulting, investment banking, or corporate finance)
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint). Extensive experience in Excel and familiarity with Power BI preferred.
- Ability to make critical business recommendations and think strategically.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation, sick, and personal holiday accruals
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness platform and program
- Free on-site parking at HQ
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Creative collaboration in a fast-changing and crucially important industry
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
- Housing available for select on-site positions
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
- Project Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job