MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
This position reports to the Compliance Manager in the Property Management Division of the MidPen Housing Management Corporation. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Compliance Specialist is to audit recertification files for properties in our existing portfolio and independently review and approve move-in applicant files as needed to support our lease up and stable communities, generate the annual recertification schedule, and other reporting associated with these tasks. The Sr. Compliance Specialist must be able to use independent judgement in daily tasks and communicate timely with Compliance Manager.
Your day to day:
- Independently audits annual recertification files for existing portfolio to assure the accurate completion of annual re-certifications and communicates audit findings to site staff and follows up to assure corrections are completed, closed-out timely, and tracked.
- Independently reviews and approves move-in lease-up and stable community files assuring applicants are income and program eligible for the communities in our portfolio.
- Participates in 100% file audits to confirm compliance with program requirements including rent limits, income limits, other eligibility and lease requirements including assuring that overall backup documentation is in place to confirm resident eligibility for all existing and lease-up communities
- Responsible for completion of internal audit reports, review and close out of findings to 100% file audit and distribution of work to assure completion.
What you bring:
- Tax Credit Specialist, Certified Occupancy Specialist, and Blended Occupancy Specialist certifications required.
- Three(3) to five(5) years of compliance and/or property management experience and/or knowledge and experience of affordable housing, LIHTC compliance regulations,
- Strong customer service experience.
- Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Previous property management or related experience and industry knowledge of regulatory requirements related to affordable housing.
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- Free on-site parking
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
- Property Management
- Risk Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.