MCube is seeking a highly-motivated individual experienced in CMBS / debt underwriting for its commercial real estate advisory services. This is an opportunity to join a fast growing team in a dynamic environment with offices in the U.S. and India.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC but other opportunities may be available in other locations such as New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As an Underwriter in commercial real estate, you will work with U.S. and India teams supporting clients in analyzing the real estate collateral securing a proposed loan, the surrounding market and demographic area, as well as the financial strength and experience of the borrower/guarantor. You will be responsible for making credit worthy decisions on complex commercial transactions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with the client’s guidelines and standards.
You will be involved in all aspects of the evaluation process including :
- Interacting with clients
- Evaluating all financial statements, identifying recurring and non-recurring income/expenses, differentiating between capital expenditure and operating expenses, and understanding cash and accrual methodologies
- Abstracting and understanding leases and loan documents
- Analyzing rent rolls and financial modeling
- Evaluating reimbursement structures
- Reviewing third party appraisal, engineering and environmental reports
- Writing and reviewing all aspects of the credit memorandum
- Providing closing support to the client
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business with finance or accounting concentration. MBA or graduate level degree in related field strongly preferred, but not required
- 2-3 years of hands-on real estate experience
- The candidate should have specific experience in any of the following : (1) real estate lending or underwriting, (2) portfolio management (3) credit or financial analysis (4) completion of corporate credit training or a professional development program (5) real estate acquisitions, (6) real estate dispositions, (7) property management, (8) real estate appraisal, (9) real estate market research
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of credit policy and credit administration procedures
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Computer literacy is required
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task and maintain high production and quality standards
- Must be self-motivated and able to work in teams and individually
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.