EastBanc, Inc., a Washington, DC-based international development and property management firm, is seeking an Assistant Property Manager to perform a variety of functions within the Property Management Team. EastBanc specializes in the development, construction and property management of luxury residential, retail and mixed-use projects and, trophy/”Class A” office buildings (including a current pipeline of over one million square feet of development). In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Answer office phones, screen and relay calls and field requests as appropriate.
- Field tenant service calls, entering them into service call database, dispatching and tracking status as appropriate.
- Maintain service call database, ensuring records are up to date and preventive maintenance services are scheduled as indicated by the engineers.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of work order system weekly, following up with tenant on selected service calls to evaluate the tenant’s level of satisfaction with the work performed and to ensure that the problem is thoroughly resolved.
- Liaise with tenant contacts to address issues with facilities, operations, security, special events, et. al. Serves as primary on-site contact for tenant.
- Coordinate scheduling with tenant contacts and vendors to arrange access to tenant areas for contracted maintenance and service vendors.
- Review service contracts annually, updating scopes of work and/or securing competitive bids from other vendors to ensure value for services performed.
- Manage property insurance program and insurance compliance programs.
- Process and review all invoices submitted for approval, verify charges, match bills to receipts or other purchasing documentation, break out payments to appropriate accounts (if applicable), preparing them for review and approval by Property Manager.
- Troubleshoot billing errors and discrepancies, track vendor credits and billing corrections.
- Generate invoices for tenant billable services.
- Maintain all office filing systems, including contract files, vendor files, and accounting files.
- Represent the owners’ and tenant’s interest to the Golden Triangle BID, participating in meetings and community improvement efforts.
- Perform weekly building inspections, walking individual floors looking for deficiencies, documenting findings, and generating service calls to correct any deficiencies.
- Maintain emergency procedures manual, and coordinate emergency evacuation drill at least once annually.
- Serve as part of the emergency response team, assisting with building emergency response and evacuation procedures during normal business hours.
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service in all areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years’ of experience in the commercial property management environment.
- Ability to work professionally with people at all levels.
- High degree of initiative, self-direction, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Accounting / Control
- Corporate Services
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.