HPI Real Estate and Investments is a full service real estate company serving Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and the surrounding Central Texas areas. The Assistant Property Manager is an essential role at HPI. This role assists the Property Manager in the management of a class A office building in the areas of building operations, facility maintenance and repair, tenant and vendor relations, project management, accounting processes, invoicing, A/R, A/P and financial reporting/budgets. This position is located in San Antonio, TX.
Priority functions / Responsibilities
- Receives and takes action on all complaints and service requests from tenants in assigned buildings by documenting work order in property management work order system and notifying and involving manager as appropriate to ensure customer service.
- Prepares tenant move-in/move-out notices
- Communicates various correspondence to tenants and vendors as needed
- Requires occasional inspections of properties, and meeting with tenants.
- Prepare and send out A/R letters & delinquency letters
- Ensure tenant insurance is compliant with the lease and valid on file at all times.
- Building Operations & Capital Improvement
- Initiates action to correct janitorial and maintenance deficiencies noted during these inspections.
- Enforces building operating regulations, including use of parking and other common areas.
- Manages a wide variety of special projects associated with renovation and remodelling of tenant spaces, particularly with respect to new tenant move-ins. Coordinates with tenants and supervises new contract work
May process daily time summary reports for building maintenance technicians by deadlines, assist maintenance and manager with prioritization of tasks.
- Engages in day to day contact and management of vendors, including Custodial, Refuse collection, Window washing, Pavement sweeping, Pest control, Elevator maintenance, Interior landscaping, Grounds maintenance, Building access control, Security
- Reviews daily security reports and initiates follow-up actions as appropriate.
- Review all vendor invoices for accuracy and in compliance with the vendor contract and the client's accounting procedures.
- Prepare vendor invoices for approval by supervisor and issue to appropriate accounting department for processing. Ensure that this process takes place in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure new vendor forms and appropriate insurance on file for all vendors.
Audit and approve vendor invoices for payment in accordance with the client's accounting procedures. Invoices should be coded accurately with minimal errors.
Rent Management & Financial Reporting Assistance
- Reviews monthly accounts receivable invoices for tenant support work; reviews monthly reports of overdue accounts and assists in collecting overdue payments from tenants.
- Assists in preparation of materials (bids, inspections, project work) and developing annual operating budgets for assigned buildings and functional areas; monitors financial expenditures to ensure compliance.
When necessary, assist manager in preparing timely and accurate monthly variance reports as well as provide other financial reporting information as required by client. Reporting requirements should be completed in a timely manner (monthly, quarterly, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 1-3 years commercial real estate or property management related experience strongly desired.
- Minimum HS Diploma required, Some College/College Degree or comparable work experience preferred
- Ideal: Completed CPM/RPA courses
- Strong administrative, organization skills, and ability to prioritize work and attention to detail
- Professional and ability to keep information confidential
- Technical/Special Skills: Familiarity with computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Angus Work Order System, Yardi accounting software, myCOI insurance compliance software; basic understanding of accounting; excellent communication skills.
- Project Management
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.