Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, Los Angeles, London, Berlin, Toronto, and Sydney. Our multifamily business owns, develops, renovates and manages approximately 40,000 high quality rental apartment buildings in supply constrained markets of major cities such as New York and Los Angeles, as well as high growth markets in the suburban U.S.
2017 Los Angeles Business Journal “Best Places to work in LA”
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of Analyst will support the Asset Management, Leasing, and Capital Markets departments in achieving the Western Region office portfolio's financial performance. This position is located in downtown Los Angeles.
- Prepare detailed cash flow projections and analysis of existing properties, including NER analysis for proposed leasing transactions
- Conduct market research and prepare presentations for management review
- Contribute to the thorough completion of all tasks related to the annual Business Plans, including coordinating and collaborating with respect to the generation of: specific leasing assumptions and inflation curves, operating and capital budgets, cash flow projections, modelled recovery profiles and individual asset strategies.
- Track property operating results for forecast cash flow
- Prepare periodic updates of leasing and market activity for the Western Region office portfolio
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly leasing and valuation reports for Board and Investor presentations
- Contribute to a flexible, dynamic, and team-oriented working culture that fosters personal development and a positive attitude
- 3-5 years’ experience in real estate corporate finance or research with a financial advisory firm, financial institution, investment bank, or investment fund
- Bachelor's degree in related major, finance degree a plus
- At least 2 years relevant Finance experience
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency in ARGUS software preferred, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development
- Ability to handle large volume of work; good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Must be capable of sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.