We are a rapidly growing private placement investment firm that is primarily focused on real estate development in the greater Los Angeles area. Our team is growing, and we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced in-house Real Estate Attorney for our downtown Los Angeles corporate office.
Our ideal candidate will have proven success as an in-house Real Estate Attorney with deep understanding of real estate transactions and expertise in leasing, acquisitions, financing and joint ventures. They will have the drive and ambition to successfully work independently, but also thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provide ongoing counsel and advice to internal teams on leasing, tenant management, risk management and dispute resolution issues
- Draft and negotiate contracts
- Manage real estate transactions and development deals from start to finish; establish deadlines and coordinate team involvement as needed
- Prepare complex commercial and multifamily contracts
- Execute loan documents and closing transactions
- Handle all aspects of entity formation
- Identify areas for improvement in operational best practices and process improvement
- Participate in, and contribute to company growth initiatives and projects.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in real estate law; in-house counsel experience preferred but not required
- JD from an accredited law school and admission to the California Bar Association
- Ability to understand and anticipate business needs, provide guidance and partner with team to execute solutions
- Experience in litigation and general business transactions including leasing, acquisitions, financing, joint ventures and general business transactions
- Strong knowledge in formation of entities, purchase and sale agreements, financing documents, risk management and corporate governance
- Exceptional communicator with superior written, verbal and client interaction skills
- Flexible to changing business priorities and the ability to identify and communicate legal issues and associated risks
- A self-starter with the ability to manage deadlines and meet deliverables
- Knowledge of employment and intellectual property law, and regulatory experience is a plus.
In this newly created position, salary will be commensurate with experience and range of skills. In addition to an entrepreneurial environment with room for professional growth, we also offer benefits including paid time off and medical insurance. Local candidates only please.
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job