At Parkway, we are dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations on a daily basis, and we know that excellent service begins with our employees. Our philosophy has always been hire for attitude and train for skill which is why we recruit and retain employees with experience, expertise and a true desire to serve our customers and grow our business. We know that our people are our number one asset, and we are proud to offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefit package. Benefits include: a generous 401k plan, employee-paid health insurance and athletic club reimbursement as well as paid vacation, paid holidays, personal days, life and disability insurance.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for (1) analyzing and valuing potential real estate investments for the company by preparing detailed cash flow projections and comparing relevant assumptions to industry market data; (2) leading due diligence review and assisting with the transition of an acquisition into the company's portfolio; (3) calculating the current market value of select company properties and reviewing marketing materials for disposition offerings; (4) assisting with the sourcing of new investment opportunities; and (5) preparing presentations for potential acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review underwriting of potential acquisitions.
- Prepare offers to purchase properties.
- Assist in negotiations of Purchase and Sale Agreements.
- Manage due diligence process of acquisitions.
- Lead implementation team during due diligence.
- Assist in developing new ways to underwrite (brainstorm).
- Lead customer interviews.
- Develop relationships with brokers and communicate with them on a daily basis.
- Tour potential acquisitions to determine quality of asset, verify underwriting assumptions, and decide if the asset fits well with Parkway’s existing properties.
- Give recommendations to CIO on potential acquisitions.
- Review closing statements.
Dispositions / Joint Ventures
- Review Argus runs to internally value potential dispositions.
- Assist in selecting a broker to market the property.
- Facilitate information flow between property and broker.
- Travel to properties for onsite meetings with brokers and property management teams.
- Answer questions as necessary.
- Review all marketing materials.
- Assist in the process of choosing a buyer.
- Assist in potential buyer interviews.
- Help negotiate contract with potential buyers.
- Review current valuations and cash flow projections of existing assets to determine appropriate hold periods and investment strategies.
- Oversee quarterly reporting responsibilities to investors, joint venture partners, lenders, etc.
- Help train and mentor junior analysts.
- Assist with general corporate-level or strategic planning analysis and/or projects.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of various corporate financial models.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of fundamental economic, finance, and accounting (GAAP) principles.
- Expert skillset in the use of Argus, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Detailed knowledge of real estate finance.
- Must possess a team-oriented, winning attitude.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and manage well to deadlines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Yardi a plus.
- Periodic travel is required.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of commercial real estate analyst experience required.
- Investment Management
- Due Diligence
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.